Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Songwriting Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andy98)
    I guess I could try :dontknow: Some dubstep tracks are good for it, others aren't
    I find the idea awesome. I actually wanted to PM you about something similar but I didn't have a good enough WIP or one that would accommodate rap

(Original post by Kyx)
    Maybe...
    Mhmm! There's more producers on this site than I thought. Would be great to share knowledge :O What DAW do you use?
    • Aston Villa FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Imperion)
    I find the idea awesome. I actually wanted to PM you about something similar but I didn't have a good enough WIP or one that would accommodate rap

Mhmm! There's more producers on this site than I thought. Would be great to share knowledge :O What DAW do you use?
    I go on youtube, find an instrumental I like, then get someone to write new lyrics...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kyx)
    I go on youtube, find an instrumental I like, then get someone to write new lyrics...
    Oh crap, I though making the instrumental itself No worries. I have no idea how to write lyrics :laugh:
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Really?!?!? :awesome:

I'd be down for that; if you want I can PM you a copy the most dubsteppy lyrics I've written?

ReputationRep:

I'd be down for that; if you want I can PM you a copy the most dubsteppy lyrics I've written?
    Me too pls!!!
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kyx)
    Me too pls!!!
    Hahaha OK

ReputationRep:

Aye, I was thinking about it last night and thought you'd hate the idea.

Sure, feel free Though I'd need time to write the instrumental and stuff - unless you have melody ideas as well

ReputationRep:
    Hahaha OK
    :awesome:
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Aye, I was thinking about it last night and thought you'd hate the idea.

Sure, feel free Though I'd need time to write the instrumental and stuff - unless you have melody ideas as well
    Hahaha, fair enough - I'm always up for a new challenge

I'm not too good a songwriter in terms of instrumentals, so I'll leave that bit to you

(Original post by Kyx)
    :awesome:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    I think we need a producers thread :O I make mainly electronic but I have a leaning to ambient house https://clyp.it/a0rqrbfn

You want to rap for dubstep?
    A producers thread would be nice. I'm still quite an amateur and I don't really have a set genre, I experiment with many.That clip sounds pretty good (well at least on this *****y laptop internal speaker it does!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kyx)
    I am looking for a songwriter.

Used to be the lead singer for a band, before we split up. Then we reformed, and split up again. Am currently a solo artist...
    form

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 17, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.