Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Reaching for the (A) stars Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I'm studying Maths, Further Maths and Physics, currently working towards AS levels.

Maths Modules;

C1, C2, D1, FP1, M1, S1.

AQA board.

My goals this year are to get above 90% UMS on the above modules.

Goals for next year, 3A*, and Cambridge Engineering/Maths which means taking Step it the latter.

Strengths I have;
    I've already been at University and I'm pretty good at working for long periods of time without losing focus. I'm very organised. The maths that I have done (GCSE many years ago), has come back to me extremely quickly. Im very interested in physics and I really enjoy maths, so studying doesn't generally feel like a chore.

Weaknesses;
    Not at College so having to self teach, with a tutor once a week.
    Although some stuff has come back to me, UIm still a little rusty on some things. Practice is helping this though.
    More of a psychological thing, but I sometimes feel overwhelmed by all of the new knowledge I'm gaining. Although this may be down to trying to go too quickly through the books as I'm used to being a fast learner.
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like a great plan! What sort of levels are you at currently?
    • TSR Community Team
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elegantsolution)
    I'm studying Maths, Further Maths and Physics, currently working towards AS levels.

Maths Modules;

C1, C2, D1, FP1, M1, S1.

AQA board.

My goals this year are to get above 90% UMS on the above modules.

Goals for next year, 3A*, and Cambridge Engineering/Maths which means taking Step it the latter.

Strengths I have;
    I've already been at University and I'm pretty good at working for long periods of time without losing focus. I'm very organised. The maths that I have done (GCSE many years ago), has come back to me extremely quickly. Im very interested in physics and I really enjoy maths, so studying doesn't generally feel like a chore.

Weaknesses;
    Not at College so having to self teach, with a tutor once a week.
    Although some stuff has come back to me, UIm still a little rusty on some things. Practice is helping this though.
    More of a psychological thing, but I sometimes feel overwhelmed by all of the new knowledge I'm gaining. Although this may be down to trying to go too quickly through the books as I'm used to being a fast learner.
    How's it going Elegant solution?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.