Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Law AQA A2 watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    How does everbody think they did??

I did unit 5 today and I have a horrible feeling I f*cked up. I forgot to mention OPBD on question 1a of the property offences, and screwed around with my timing a bit. Hopefull I can make the marks back up in Unit 6 though...hopefully!

ReputationRep:
    I have just done Unit 4 which was even harder than Unit 5 and not happy at all. In Unit 4 there were so many offences in first question:
    theft, obtaingng property by deception, you cound even go further to discuss evasion of liablility which related to £10 change. But this is nothing compare Unit 4 , for the first time there were involunarty manslaughter on the both questions, and the case study was so compecated. I wish it was a dream. I also had A2 history exam this morning, I am totally done and just hope Unit 6 paper wouldn't be so awful.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Caleb2004)
    I have just done Unit 4 which was even harder than Unit 5 and not happy at all. In Unit 4 there were so many offences in first question:
    theft, obtaingng property by deception, you cound even go further to discuss evasion of liablility which related to £10 change. But this is nothing compare Unit 4 , for the first time there were involunarty manslaughter on the both questions, and the case study was so compecated. I wish it was a dream. I also had A2 history exam this morning, I am totally done and just hope Unit 6 paper wouldn't be so awful.
    I also did A2 history today (Unit 4 - Containing Communism). Though I thought that went one hell of a lot better than my law exam.

Thats the same question I did. I talked about theft (regarding the plant and the £10), burglary 91a and 91b (for some studid reason I didnt talk about OPBD and I knew it was there!). I have been told though that you only need to mention a minimum of 3 if you explain the law of those offences reasonably well. But I'm really really worried about not having mentioned OPBD - IT WAS SO BLEEDING OBVIOUS. I think I'll be lucky to get a C, when I really need an A.

I feel for you on the involuntary mansluaughter thing. We did that paper in January and I just scraped an A, but I felt that paper was quite easy. Yours sounds like a nightmare. But remember, if everyone found it hard, then the grade boundaries are lower.

What are you needing for law?

ReputationRep:
    Well, I need at least C grade , providing I was couple of marks of B last year. I failed January Module, that's why I was resiting this module agian. I know I should have done better in January but for stupid reasons could not cope with the questions, and messed around with the reform on non-fatal offences. This time it was even harder than the last. But anyway, I recon I will get enough points to satisfy my Uni. Sometimes I feel that the exams are treating me unfairly, I spent the whole lot of time on the Law and still struggle through out the exam

ReputationRep:
    What does OPBD mean? (obviously i didn't write about it then... lol) I found that exam stupid as well... for 1a there was sooooo much i wanted to talk about... in the end i just talked about theft, burglary (a and b) with respect to the criminal damage and theft and making off without payment... I don't think i did v well at all!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wibble...)
    What does OPBD mean? (obviously i didn't write about it then... lol) I found that exam stupid as well... for 1a there was sooooo much i wanted to talk about... in the end i just talked about theft, burglary (a and b) with respect to the criminal damage and theft and making off without payment... I don't think i did v well at all!
    "Obtaining Property By Deception - OPBD"

In 1a I talked about theft (two instances), burglary 91a and 91b and in 1b I talked about theft, criminal damage, aggravated criminal damage, and intoxication as a defence.

I'm planning to make up for that screw up in Unit 5 on the Unit 6 paper though, which I have a better skill for. I knew that I'd find Unit 5 hard (our teacher left half-way throughout the year, at which point we realised we hadnt been taught anything!).

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I did the Law exams today too (Unit 4 - Homicide and Non Fatals and UNit 5 - Tort). The Unit 5 was a resit since the Jan exam was a disaster (nationally! In one college 75% of the students failed in Jan!!)

Personally, I think that it went kinda bad - I messed up on the first q - got left behind on the others and didn't finish.... and that was just unit 4

Unit 5 went slightly better, but I once again wasted time on the 2nd q, coz I didn't know whether he was a trespasser or visitor! :confused:

ReputationRep:
    i found the exam really bad too. i revised for so many months and thought it wud b ok. but the scenario was so vague i hated it. this was the worst exam ive ever done in my A-Levels. in 1a i said theft, opbd, and evasion of liability. but in 1b i spoke bout criminal damage endangerin life, theft again! and intoxication.

ReputationRep:
    They didn't go too bad, although it's been a while so I don't entierly remember.

For Unit 5, I got theft, burglarly, and aggravated criminal damage and intoxication as a defence. I knew the £10 change was relevant, but couldn't think how to apply it. Oh well, hopefully it'll work out Besides, there wasn't really enough time to cover all the offences in the given time period.

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.