Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello,I am currently half way through my second year and I am thinking of my final year next year.I am studying a sports course and would like to know what the typical timetable is for a 3rd year / final year. Whether you are timetabled in a lot or not? And time to do your dissertation. Does it depend on course and university? Could anyone please help me or give me a little more information!Thanks
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RichardR21)
    Hello,I am currently half way through my second year and I am thinking of my final year next year.I am studying a sports course and would like to know what the typical timetable is for a 3rd year / final year. Whether you are timetabled in a lot or not? And time to do your dissertation. Does it depend on course and university? Could anyone please help me or give me a little more information!Thanks
    Can you access your current timetable online? Is there an option on there to search for the third year timetable?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RichardR21)
    Basically, there is no typical timetable. Each uni can arrange courses as they want - the same course can be run very differently at different unis.

Generally, your dissertation will replace one or two taught modules but it depends how it's weighted and how your course is organised. Your best bet is to ask some current third years where you are (although timetables can change - sometimes radically - between years).

As an example, I had six taught modules in my second year, and four taught modules + dissertation (double weighted) in the third year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Klix88)
    Basically, there is no typical timetable. Each uni can arrange courses as they want - the same course can be run very differently at different unis.

Generally, your dissertation will replace one or two taught modules but it depends how it's weighted and how your course is organised. Your best bet is to ask some current third years where you are (although timetables can change - sometimes radically - between years).

As an example, I had six taught modules in my second year, and four taught modules + dissertation (double weighted) in the third year.
    Brilliant !

Thank you for your help !

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.