Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

New Header Menu Colour - coming next week! Watch

Announcements
    • TSR Community Team
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    [attach]4.988174988214988e+29[/attach]Name:  TSR-header---Desktop---FINAL_NEW.jpg
Views: 358
Size:  418.5 KBAttachment 498817498821Attachment 498817498821498800

Hi everyone,

I hope you're having a good Friday and have some nice plans for the weekend?

Just to give you all an advance warning that next week we are making a small change to the green bar at the top of the site. The one that follows you down the screen as you scroll and contains all of the user and notification menus.

The main change is the colour, changing to blue to better represent The Student Room's main colours. Some of the buttons will change a little bit but it's all largely just small tweaks to the look of them. The search box will be bigger.

This is another step in preparing TSR for a number of big projects coming up over the next six months.

One of the first will be an improved on site search coming in the next month or two. If you're interested in testing this, keep an eye on this forum for a call for testers in February

I have attached a few designs of the new look header to show you what it looks like.

See you soon!

Jack
    Attached Images

• TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Looks snazzy :cool:
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    FINALLY!!!! Been waiting for the menu bar header to catch up with the rest of the colour xD!!! Yey!
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Nice. Guess it's blue now.

Also it seems the images links at the beginning of your post is broken.
    • Section Leader
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Captain Jack)
    x
    Will the sections on the side be blue too? Like the header of the poll section etc.?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Captain Jack)
    x
    Nice!

ReputationRep:
    I swear I've seen this before, it was on the site for a few weeks before people complained and the old format was back :hmmm:?
    • TSR Community Team
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BurstingBubbles)
    Will the sections on the side be blue too? Like the header of the poll section etc.?
    Not just yet but there is another couple of projects looking at the side and the main forum and thread page layouts coming up.

Funnily enough, the side was once blue, but when we tested it, the green side improved the number of people clicking the links and using the site more. People found the different colours helped to subconsciously divide the page up and make it easier to read.

ReputationRep:
    Oooooo fancy
    • TSR Community Team
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by somemightsay888)
    I swear I've seen this before, it was on the site for a few weeks before people complained and the old format was back :hmmm:?
    Something similar was on before, but people actually loved it!

We had to remove it as it didn't perform as well but we do want to bring it back. This isn't exactly the same, the colouring is similar.

ReputationRep:
    blue.... the color of Tories :borat: i like very much
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    I go away for four days and you change the nav!?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roving Fish)
    I go away for four days and you change the nav!?

See if you can get rid of the orange by going on holiday again. Win-win!
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Carnationlilyrose)
    See if you can get rid of the orange by going on holiday again. Win-win!
    Where am I off to? :P

ReputationRep:
    Where am I off to? :P
    If it gets rid of the orange, you can go anywhere you like. I am nostalgic for the old days of the skins you could put on TSR, and I used to use a green and dark red one. It was really nice.

ReputationRep:
    If it gets rid of the orange, you can go anywhere you like. I am nostalgic for the old days of the skins you could put on TSR, and I used to use a green and dark red one. It was really nice.
    Why'd they get rid of all these options?
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheOtherSide.)
    Every time you make a change, you need to test it across several different options, browsers and all that. Much easier to have one skin to maintain.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Yes! I was just to post about the fact that you could change the colour scheme.

ReputationRep:
    Every time you make a change, you need to test it across several different options, browsers and all that. Much easier to have one skin to maintain.
    Ah, makes sense.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheOtherSide.)
    I really have no idea. Way too techy a question for me.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.