Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

New Header Menu Colour - coming next week! Watch

Announcements
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Life_peer)
    Are those windows in the sidebar supposed to be green?

Or is it perhaps a setting I've forgotten about and can't find now?
    meant to be, but chousld change

(Original post by cranbrook_aspie)
    I don't like it. Far too cold and sinister-looking, and besides, blue is the Tory colour:puke: I think you should just be able to select the colour you want TSR to be in.
    Well, going by your logic, blue is also the colour of the Smurfs, the genie from Aladdin, and Gyarados from Pokémon.
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:

Do you use Chrome by any chance? I've got a style extension that can change the green headers to blue.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roving Fish)
    Do you use Chrome by any chance? I've got a style extension that can change the green headers to blue.
    It's Safari 9, but I'm good anyway, thanks. This was more of a ‘bug report’ to see if it's unintended or whether there's a setting I had overlooked. I'm already using a style extension to make new threads printed in bold so I might add this as well as you suggested. :yy:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cranbrook_aspie)
    I don't like it. Far too cold and sinister-looking, and besides, blue is the Tory colour:puke: I think you should just be able to select the colour you want TSR to be in.
    Ha! Serves you right! :laugh:
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Ha! Serves you right! :laugh:
    Come the revolution I'm going to nationalise TSR and make everyone have a hammer and sickle avatar as payback
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    The avatar on the bar seems pretty pointless tbh.....and it takes AGES for the avatar to load when browsing the site on my phone.

I'd rather the bar was simpler and quick to load than have to wait for my avatar to load on every page.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    The avatar on the bar seems pretty pointless tbh.....and it takes AGES for the avatar to load when browsing the site on my phone.

I'd rather the bar was simpler and quick to load than have to wait for my avatar to load on every page.
    Very true. And also depending on the background of he avatar, it looks ****... Mines the default so just white and it looks horrible.

If eyes could bleed, mine would.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)

I have accidentally clicked the avatar so many times trying to get to notifications.

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by PQ)

I agree. It's starting to annoy the **** out of me.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    I have a lot of bookmarked pages on the 'My TSR' dropdown menu. Previously this wasn't an issue as the dropdown menu just increased in size to accommodate any new links, but now it looks like all the menus are the same size, and as such a lot of my links are hidden now.

Just pointing this out in case you were unaware of it. Is this something that can potentially be fixed, or am I going to have to cull some of my bookmarks?

ReputationRep:

Yeah it looks kinda stupid having all the side bar boxes in green when the rest of the site is blue now.

Captain Jack
    • TSR Community Team
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Little Tail Chaser)
    I have a lot of bookmarked pages on the 'My TSR' dropdown menu. Previously this wasn't an issue as the dropdown menu just increased in size to accommodate any new links, but now it looks like all the menus are the same size, and as such a lot of my links are hidden now.

Just pointing this out in case you were unaware of it. Is this something that can potentially be fixed, or am I going to have to cull some of my bookmarks?
    Thank you - I have passed this on.

ReputationRep:
    Liking the new site colours, big improvement! :-)

(Original post by GuppyFox)
    Wow. For a former admin (got a good memory, me), you're exceptionally late to the party!
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lustawny)
    Wow. For a former admin (got a good memory, me), you're exceptionally late to the party!
    Intern iirc?

(Original post by mobbsy91)
    Intern iirc?
    Do you know if they're still offering them? I may be interested at some point in the future...
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lustawny)
    Do you know if they're still offering them? I may be interested at some point in the future...
    No idea, might be worth checking out the tsrg page, and maybe ask Captain Jack - not the first year they did them, so may do em aggain...
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GuppyFox)
    Whether better or not, it just looking better. The blue colours are more proper to the forum.

(Original post by mobbsy91)
    No idea, might be worth checking out the tsrg page, and maybe ask Captain Jack - not the first year they did them, so may do em aggain...
    Well?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.