Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Honest opinions please!

I have applied for paramedic science at Anglia Ruskin University, at first I was proper chuffed about the interview, but now, I've seen a lot of people saying that they regret going to that university (doing different courses). If it is as bad as people make out to be I won't bother going to the interview at it's costing me about £100-150 to get there!

ReputationRep:
    I had an interview there for paramedic science a few weeks ago and at first it was going to be my third or fourth choice. However when I got there the facilities were amazing and the lecturers that I meet were really friendly and clearly very experienced. I have also been offered a place at Hertfordshire but the facilities there are definitely not as good. I think its worth you going to the interview at least so you can see what the place is like and make the decision yourself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by martinaoxley)
    I had an interview there for paramedic science a few weeks ago and at first it was going to be my third or fourth choice. However when I got there the facilities were amazing and the lecturers that I meet were really friendly and clearly very experienced. I have also been offered a place at Hertfordshire but the facilities there are definitely not as good. I think its worth you going to the interview at least so you can see what the place is like and make the decision yourself.
    Yeah, that's what I'm thinking of doing! What was the interview like? What do you have to do? and what did they ask you?

I need to prepare and I don't know how to!

ReputationRep:
    There was an English and Maths test first thing, the english was easy, just writing a page about the role of a modern paramedic, the maths test was harder so maybe brush up on your percentages and decimals. There was a group interview where they asked everyone to write down one important thing about being a paramedic and then the group discussed each thing, the most important thing here is to make sure you let everyone speak and don't interrupt anyone else, but still make sure you get heard. (some people at my interview said the most ridiculous irrelevant things, make sure you don't do that). Then there is the one on one interviews. I was interviewed by two people and they were really nice! They had a list of questions that they chose from to ask you, but at the start they asked me to give a quick overview of myself so you could prep for that.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I had my interview and I did really well on the English test and did bad on the maths test. I was okay during the group discussion and I'm assuming my interview was bad as I didn't get a place.

Have you been to an interview with MMI? As I have one on Wednesday, I have the stations but I don't even know where to start revising.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.