Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I am doing a PBL on enzymes at the minute on how they are used in industry and what happens when a problem happens within that industry (how it is solved).

The enzyme I have picked is horseradish peroxidase used in galactomanna EIA.

Can anyone tell me anything about how the enzyme works in this process?

Thanks
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Google it!

Really? I never would have thought of google!

Part of the PBL is that I have to submit the question to a student forum. That is the only reason I submitted the question. But thanks for your useful suggestion!
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fmcgrath)
    Really? I never would have thought of google!

Part of the PBL is that I have to submit the question to a student forum. That is the only reason I submitted the question. But thanks for your useful suggestion!
    Really?!? I'd love to know which uni teaches you to ask other people to do your work for you rather than learn how to do your own research. I'm yet to meet an academic who encourages their students to do this and I work in academia. I certainly don't encourage my students to.

I am more than capable of doing my own research and I have done for this. I don't actually need anyone to answer the question for me. It's about learning how to problem solve in industry, which I guess does involve being able to ask for help when and if it is needed. But not to worry, I also have to mention any problems I encountered doing this bit of research and thanks to your abrasive and frankly rude answers I have one. Why are you part of a student forum if not to assist and guide students? I'm glad I'm not one of your students
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fmcgrath)
    I am more than capable of doing my own research and I have done for this. I don't actually need anyone to answer the question for me. It's about learning how to problem solve in industry, which I guess does involve being able to ask for help when and if it is needed. But not to worry, I also have to mention any problems I encountered doing this bit of research and thanks to your abrasive and frankly rude answers I have one. Why are you part of a student forum if not to assist and guide students? I'm glad I'm not one of your students
    If you've ever worked in industry or do end up doing so you'll learn very quickly that it doesn't tend to publicly share stuff being working on and everything is heavily guarded by confidentiality agreements. For this reason, anyone trying to teach you to use public forums to solve problems encountered while working in industry is not doing well by you unfortunately.

I'm sorry you find a bit of a reality check abrasive. The rude bit I'm not so sure about but that's not how it was meant. Assisting and guiding students is very different from hand holding and spoon feeding them and when and if you ever get to the stage of being involved in teaching in higher education you too will realise that the latter can be very damaging to students. Doing your own research and being stuck on something or not understanding something and then asking is very different from generally asking people to collect information for you.

My work on this forum has helped several students over the years I've been involved with it which is why I continue to be. Anyway, good luck with your PBL.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 1, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Life Sciences Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.