Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

RAF Trace Test Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi just wondering if anyone know of any games that are similar to or help with doing the trace test which is part of the aptitude tests?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Candybuddy)
    Hi just wondering if anyone know of any games that are similar to or help with doing the trace test which is part of the aptitude tests?
    Trace 1 or 2?

I struggled hard with 1, really don't think I could have done worse. Trace 1 and 2 aren't scored alone in any of the batteries, so it is possible to pass well for everything despite not scoring high in trace.

I can't think of any real way of practicing for either of them tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pjm600)
    Trace 1 or 2?

I struggled hard with 1, really don't think I could have done worse. Trace 1 and 2 aren't scored alone in any of the batteries, so it is possible to pass well for everything despite not scoring high in trace.

I can't think of any real way of practicing for either of them tbh.
    Trace 1 I found it very difficult due to it being inverted I failed on one section which was spatial reasoning which includes trace 1 and directions and distance test which were both the hardest for me unfortunaly

ReputationRep:
    what is the trace test?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Candybuddy)
    Trace 1 I found it very difficult due to it being inverted I failed on one section which was spatial reasoning which includes trace 1 and directions and distance test which were both the hardest for me unfortunaly
    Yeah I struggled with that too. I spent as long as possible going through the instructions to buy time to to get my head round it.

(Original post by MountKimbie)
    what is the trace test?
    Trace 1 is part of the aptitude test where you have to press keys to match the change in direction of a plane on screen. Sounds easier than it is.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to the armed forcesGuide to the Royal Air ForceA job in the Army

Featured recruiter profiles:

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Quick Link:

Unanswered Armed Forces Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.