Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi there!
    I was wondering if there are university students here from the University of Manchester that does adult nursing.
    I have firmed Manchester University for this course and I just wanted to ask what the application process was like. I've filled in the medical assessment form and sent that off as well.
    Me and my family might be going abroad for the summer holidays this year around mid July to mid August.
    Is this a bad idea? For example, are there important documents I need to fill in and send to Manchester Uni for adult nursing (or just generally for the university)? Are applications for loans, nhs loans, etc be done before this time period or not? What about accommodation application? And other important things?
    Please help >-< I need to know so that I can let my family know and cancel the holiday X(

Thank you!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _SHLG)
    Hi there!
    I was wondering if there are university students here from the University of Manchester that does adult nursing.
    I have firmed Manchester University for this course and I just wanted to ask what the application process was like. I've filled in the medical assessment form and sent that off as well.
    Me and my family might be going abroad for the summer holidays this year around mid July to mid August.
    Is this a bad idea? For example, are there important documents I need to fill in and send to Manchester Uni for adult nursing (or just generally for the university)? Are applications for loans, nhs loans, etc be done before this time period or not? What about accommodation application? And other important things?
    Please help >-< I need to know so that I can let my family know and cancel the holiday X(

Thank you!!!
    It will be fine. You can do all your paperwork before then and just keep an eye on your email while you're away.

Student finance applications open well before then (in the spring), and the earlier you do it the better so you have a better chance of getting the money on time. You'll need to have a look at the NHS bursaries (I'm less familiar with them) but I would imagine that they have a similar schedule.

Accommodation applications are open now. The sooner you apply the better - it means you're more likely to get one of your three choices. There's a FAQ on accommodation at http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=2091577 and info from the uni at http://www.accommodation.manchester.ac.uk/applications/ However, it would be wise to check your emails at least twice a week while on holiday because when they send through an accommodation offer (which will come via email) you will only have a week in which to accept it online and pay the rent prepayment - if you don't, you'll lose your guaranteed place.

The only thing I will mention is that if you are holding a conditional offer, then it would be wise to be in the country on A Level results day. This is because if you miss your offer and wanted to go into Clearing (and nursing courses do enter Clearing) then you would need access to a reliable internet connection and a phone line which you can spend hours using (mostly on hold) without being bankrupted.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Origami Bullets)
    It will be fine. You can do all your paperwork before then and just keep an eye on your email while you're away.

Student finance applications open well before then (in the spring), and the earlier you do it the better so you have a better chance of getting the money on time. You'll need to have a look at the NHS bursaries (I'm less familiar with them) but I would imagine that they have a similar schedule.

Accommodation applications are open now. The sooner you apply the better - it means you're more likely to get one of your three choices. There's a FAQ on accommodation at http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=2091577 and info from the uni at http://www.accommodation.manchester.ac.uk/applications/ However, it would be wise to check your emails at least twice a week while on holiday because when they send through an accommodation offer (which will come via email) you will only have a week in which to accept it online and pay the rent prepayment - if you don't, you'll lose your guaranteed place.

The only thing I will mention is that if you are holding a conditional offer, then it would be wise to be in the country on A Level results day. This is because if you miss your offer and wanted to go into Clearing (and nursing courses do enter Clearing) then you would need access to a reliable internet connection and a phone line which you can spend hours using (mostly on hold) without being bankrupted.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you so much for your reply! It's really helpful )
    For the accommodation confirmation e-mail, do they send that before results day or after? Me and my family may be back before this year's results day so if it's after results day, I'll definitely be back for it. If it's before, how many days apart from results day would you say they would send the e-mail?

Thank you again for your help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _SHLG)
    Thank you so much for your reply! It's really helpful )
    For the accommodation confirmation e-mail, do they send that before results day or after? Me and my family may be back before this year's results day so if it's after results day, I'll definitely be back for it. If it's before, how many days apart from results day would you say they would send the e-mail?

Thank you again for your help
    If you have a conditional offer then the accommodation offer will come through a few days (less than a week, usually). If you've got an unconditional offer then it will come through in June / July.

You can do all the acceptance and payment stuff online though, so you can be in Peru if you want - all you need is an internet connection and a debit/credit card for the rent pre payment.

Do make sure that
    A) your email address that you have given unis is not your school email address - your school will delete it shortly after you leave in June
    B) you check your spam folder

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Origami Bullets)
    If you have a conditional offer then the accommodation offer will come through a few days (less than a week, usually). If you've got an unconditional offer then it will come through in June / July.

You can do all the acceptance and payment stuff online though, so you can be in Peru if you want - all you need is an internet connection and a debit/credit card for the rent pre payment.

Do make sure that
    A) your email address that you have given unis is not your school email address - your school will delete it shortly after you leave in June
    B) you check your spam folder

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you very much for your help! 😆😆

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _SHLG)
    Thank you very much for your help! 😆😆
    No problem

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 31, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.