The Student Room Group

Really worried about a close friend

Reply 1
By the way in the paragraph I meant attract not attack
I'm not entirely sure what you are getting at. I could be wrong because you've not been very clear but it seems to me you may have been hinting at you thinking she may be prostituting herself for money as she needs money to live and it seems her family might not be helping her?
you said your teacher had reports from people that she's been out most nights? which people? how do they know?
it could be many things, the suggestion above is possibly worst case scenario
do you think she's getting money from him by selling her body or...
Reply 6
Original post by SophieSmall
I'm not entirely sure what you are getting at. I could be wrong because you've not been very clear but it seems to me you may have been hinting at you thinking she may be prostituting herself for money as she needs money to live and it seems her family might not be helping her?

I don't want to think that for a few reasons because I do care about her and I would never want that for her but if I suggest that then itll ruin our friendship which I value a lot. I also would want to find out and help her if it was somehow true which touch wood its not

Original post by Ambitions
you said your teacher had reports from people that she's been out most nights? which people? how do they know?

We don't know who said anything the teacher wont say and we've literally no idea if any other students said anything.
Reply 7
It may very well be my mind running away from me
I'd say there isn't much you can do about it if she is doing that for money. I'd say all you can do is show her how much you care about her, and if possible that you will be there for her if she needs it. if she is doing that then chances are it is because she feels like she has no other option (though then again she may just want to do it, and the money could just be much better than a job).
Prozza
Thanks, one more question is there anyway to remove threads as itd be nice to limit the chances that she or anyone we know would see this?
Original post by SophieSmall
I'd say there isn't much you can do about it if she is doing that for money. I'd say all you can do is show her how much you care about her, and if possible that you will be there for her if she needs it. if she is doing that then chances are it is because she feels like she has no other option (though then again she may just want to do it, and the money could just be much better than a job).
Original post by Anonymous
Thanks, one more question is there anyway to remove threads as itd be nice to limit the chances that she or anyone we know would see this?

You can ask the mods if they will remove the thread.

Quick Reply