Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    so im studying level 3 Btec nationals 180 credit diploma. I have found courses within Sheffield and leeds universities, biomedical and radiography. but I need advice, I know these uni's are of high stature, they say they will accept btecs but what are my chances of actually getting a placement?, I know they will take an A level student over me.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Hi EmilyMouse,

You've posted this in the veterinary medicine forum, and the people here aren't likely to be the best ones to answer your question for you.

I'll move this to 'Medical and Healthcare Professions' so that you can get a response sooner.

You can check how many UCAS points you will gain from this unit and compare against university requirements.

http://www.universityfinder.org.uk/u...alculator.html

Note that the number of UCAS points will vary from course to course.

Edit/
    I don't believe you will be ignored just because you are doing BTECs. It's not like A levels are better. They are different in their own way.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thank you for your advice, I have checked that I would have the right amount of ucas points, and I have more than enough due to an additional course I did a year ago. And I'm predicted D*D*D*, I just seem to be brainwashed that uni's are completely against Btecs

X

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmilyMouse)
    Thank you for your advice, I have checked that I would have the right amount of ucas points, and I have more than enough due to an additional course I did a year ago. And I'm predicted D*D*D*, I just seem to be brainwashed that uni's are completely against Btecs

X
    Most people from my old BTEC class got 4/5 offer, and these included very good universities (inc. Southampton, Kings, Bath, Surrey, Royal Holloway, Mancheste) similar in reputation to the ones you are applying to

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yt7777)
    Most people from my old BTEC class got 4/5 offer, and these included very good universities (inc. Southampton, Kings, Bath, Surrey, Royal Holloway, Mancheste) similar in reputation to the ones you are applying to
    Oh wow that's a good rate, thanks for letting me know, I have been reading around a lot of forums and I've kinda got into the habit of thinking that btecs are the spawn of satan 😂X

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.