Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

best exercises to be able to touch my toes? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    i CANNOT do this - i have next to zero flexibility in my legs, and was wondering if there are specific exercises i can do to gradually become more flexible?

I`ve heard that Yoga may help - but: no flexibility = can`t do Yoga!

Help!

ReputationRep:
    Just keep trying to touch your toes?? Try and really squeeze for it (it will feel tight on the hamstrings) and eventually through repetition you'll be able to do it.

ReputationRep:
    squats maybe?

ReputationRep:
    keep trying different stretches and attempt yoga! it's hard at first if you have less flexibility - but combine it with other exercises like spin classes or dance and you'll touch your toes in no time

ReputationRep:
    after an I destroyed my hip flexes once from playing rugby I had really bad flexibility issues and you actually do get better even if your horrific starting and it really helps I can both my legs independently whilst being significantly bent over where as before I could barley lift my legs above the poin were the joint was at a right .

Your problem probably isn't strength but 'mobility'

Before you attempt to touch your toes have you tried doing dynamic stretches light jogging and other static stretches in order to loosen your self up?

ReputationRep:
    great advice guys, thanks ! - i`ll keep trying (think i might also persevere with Yoga)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hasufel)
    i CANNOT do this - i have next to zero flexibility in my legs, and was wondering if there are specific exercises i can do to gradually become more flexible?

I`ve heard that Yoga may help - but: no flexibility = can`t do Yoga!

Help!
    I can barely touch my toes and I've been lifting for 1.5 years :rofl:

I'm not sure... maybe stiff leg deadlifts?
    • TSR Support Team
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Improve your hip and hamstring mobility

Pigeon, lizard positions will do your hips well enough if your doing yoga

For hamstrings, sit on the floor legs pointed forward. Lean forward trying to touch your toes, eek a couple of cm forward every 30 secs over 2 or so minutes,

ReputationRep:
    Any exercise involving the legs can help I guess. I tried the basic pilates on Youtube for beginners well it helped me. I hope on your case too.

ReputationRep:
    You're best getting a full stretching routine off youtube (often aimed at stuff like gymnastics and martial arts) because you will have tightness elsewhere, even if you've not noticed it. I like the uploads of old Bill 'superfoot' Wallace videos

ReputationRep:
    you're best trying yoga as it will improve your all round flexibility... but if you keep practicing touching your toes you will manage it soon enough

ReputationRep:
    I think you need more stretching and flexibility exercises.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.