best exercises to be able to touch my toes?

Watch
Hasufel
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
i CANNOT do this - i have next to zero flexibility in my legs, and was wondering if there are specific exercises i can do to gradually become more flexible?

I`ve heard that Yoga may help - but: no flexibility = can`t do Yoga!

Help!
MountKimbie
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Just keep trying to touch your toes?? Try and really squeeze for it (it will feel tight on the hamstrings) and eventually through repetition you'll be able to do it.
...imrah
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
squats maybe?
smash2014
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
keep trying different stretches and attempt yoga! it's hard at first if you have less flexibility - but combine it with other exercises like spin classes or dance and you'll touch your toes in no time
Astrtricks
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
after an I destroyed my hip flexes once from playing rugby I had really bad flexibility issues and you actually do get better even if your horrific starting and it really helps I can both my legs independently whilst being significantly bent over where as before I could barley lift my legs above the poin were the joint was at a right .

Your problem probably isn't strength but 'mobility'

Before you attempt to touch your toes have you tried doing dynamic stretches light jogging and other static stretches in order to loosen your self up?
Hasufel
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
great advice guys, thanks ! - i`ll keep trying (think i might also persevere with Yoga)
XxKingSniprxX
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Hasufel)
i CANNOT do this - i have next to zero flexibility in my legs, and was wondering if there are specific exercises i can do to gradually become more flexible?

I`ve heard that Yoga may help - but: no flexibility = can`t do Yoga!

Help!
I can barely touch my toes and I've been lifting for 1.5 years :rofl:

I'm not sure... maybe stiff leg deadlifts?
Angry cucumber
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Improve your hip and hamstring mobility

Pigeon, lizard positions will do your hips well enough if your doing yoga

For hamstrings, sit on the floor legs pointed forward. Lean forward trying to touch your toes, eek a couple of cm forward every 30 secs over 2 or so minutes,
ellej93
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Any exercise involving the legs can help I guess. I tried the basic pilates on Youtube for beginners well it helped me. I hope on your case too.
BKS
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
You're best getting a full stretching routine off youtube (often aimed at stuff like gymnastics and martial arts) because you will have tightness elsewhere, even if you've not noticed it. I like the uploads of old Bill 'superfoot' Wallace videos
doodle_333
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
you're best trying yoga as it will improve your all round flexibility... but if you keep practicing touching your toes you will manage it soon enough
jamiegallagher1
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I think you need more stretching and flexibility exercises.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (62)
17.32%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (100)
27.93%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (137)
38.27%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (48)
13.41%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (11)
3.07%

Watched Threads