Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

School is making me feel down Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I know people will find this pathetic because there are far worse issues in the world, so I am sorry for this but I need to get it out. I am currently in year 13 and hate school. I have had issues with a girl at school for over 6 months now which has caused me large amounts of anger, stress and sadness. However, school in general is making me feel so low. I know I only have a few months and a bit left at school but everyday is making me feel even worse. For example, today is Friday and I should be happy because it is the weekend but instead I have come home crying and turned to people online for some support. The more I go on like this I feel the worse it will get, as I can tell the difference from a month or two ago to now. I tried speaking to a teacher but everyone always says you are so close to the end and just brush it off.

ReputationRep:
    If coming online is making you feel worse don't come online, it really won't help.
    Talk to someone you really trust that won't just brush you aside, your sibling perhaps, or a good friend? As for the girl if she is making you feel like this ditch her. Seriously without the negative people in your life you feel so much better. Experience it now rather than getting angered about the situation, it doesn't help you at all and you shouldn't have to feel stressed about her if she's giving you issues.
    All I can say really is to work hard to encourage you to do well rather than dwelling on school life.
    Good luck

I don't think it's pathetic at all. Like imrah said ditch the girl and keep going. Your teacher is right, you only have to put up with this for a few more months before you're completely free. Don't dwell on this stuff, it won't matter at all soon. Just keep thinking of everything you have to look forward to after school is over for you. In the meantime try talking to someone who's close to you about how you're feeling. It's bound to help.

You'll be fine OP. Just hang in there.

ReputationRep:
    Walk away from the negative person, you can do without, you're teacher is right in a way because you only have a few months so you just need to get through them. Stay out of that persons way and i'm not saying run away but just walk away if that make you feel bad and go to someone who you;re comfortable with and someone you're close to. This year is important and you wouldn't want someone else ruining it for you. I think if you separate yourself from this girl you will enjoy school more, and if things get worse then tell a different teacher and one that you like as well.

I'm actually in the same sort of situation as you, i'm in year 13 and i've had a problem with this one girl for a few months but things have kind of escalated to a point where we recently got into a physical fight and now we're both in trouble, but it's over and done with now.
    Good luck

ReputationRep:
    Thank you very much, and I am sorry to hear about your situation and hope you are okay.

Thanks for the advice. I have walked away from the girl but it becomes difficult as she is in all of my lessons and she constantly does things to get at me. But I guess you are right. Best of luck to you.

ReputationRep:
    thanks for the support. I will take it on board x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ...imrah)
    if coming online is making you feel worse don't come online, it really won't help.
    Talk to someone you really trust that won't just brush you aside, your sibling perhaps, or a good friend? As for the girl if she is making you feel like this ditch her. Seriously without the negative people in your life you feel so much better. Experience it now rather than getting angered about the situation, it doesn't help you at all and you shouldn't have to feel stressed about her if she's giving you issues.
    All i can say really is to work hard to encourage you to do well rather than dwelling on school life.
    Good luck :h
    thank you so much, you are lovely

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fkinwithme)
    Thank you very much, and I am sorry to hear about your situation and hope you are okay.

Thanks for the advice. I have walked away from the girl but it becomes difficult as she is in all of my lessons and she constantly does things to get at me. But I guess you are right. Best of luck to you.
    Aww thank you, you're really sweet. This girl you mention seems quite immature and petty and you're better off without, just ignore her, you're clearly the better person.
    Good luck x

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.