Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Not sure what tattoo to get? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I think tattoo number would look lovely !

ReputationRep:
    Second is lovely

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Josb)
    Don't do that. :afraid:
    Haha why?

(Original post by trapking)
    many girls gets roses on their thigh though isn't that a bit too "normal".....

idk jus sayin
    Meh I don't care if it's normal. It's the design I've liked the most tbh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elen90)
    Second is lovely
    Wrist or thigh?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrsSheldonCooper)
    Haha why?

Meh I don't care if it's normal. It's the design I've liked the most tbh
    I agree with Josb don't get that....

it's a little too much....keep it simple but nice/meaningful

ReputationRep:
    I wanted 2 on my back but butterflies instead of birds

ReputationRep:
    Haha why?
    Too much. I have always seen tattoos as "stains" anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Josb)
    Too much. I have always seen tattoos as "stains" anyway.
    they are nice when they are very simple but lovely/meaningful!

kinda like this:

ReputationRep:
    Get something original, these are so overused especially the birds and the dream catcher!!

ReputationRep:
    So, I'm seeing a tattooist soon for an appointment and I'm getting a tattoo on my wrist. I've narrowed it down to three designs but I can't pick because I love them all and they mean something to me in different ways.

1-

2-

3-

Which one do you think it should be?

I'm getting a thigh tattoo too and I've posted pics of the designs I like on Page 2!
    dear lord! think of the grandchildren!!

but yeh 2. the thing with tattoos and women is as controversial as it sounds ..it can make yeh look more masculine in my opinion. 2 is the more feminine and works best.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by luminarychild)
    Get something original, these are so overused especially the birds and the dream catcher!!
    Birds are supposed to represent my godmum and best friend. Hence why I want to get them.

ReputationRep:
    2 is the best by far; so cute and delicate. Idk, the third one seems a little bit cliche.

2 is lovely, very delicate.

ReputationRep:
    Don't get one at all they are not cute

ReputationRep:
    The first two seem a tad trite to merit a permanent place on anyone's skin, but the third I like.

ReputationRep:
    3 if its smaller.... but if the sizes are kept the same then 2.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reader106)
    2 is the best by far; so cute and delicate. Idk, the third one seems a little bit cliche.
    The dreamcatcher? I've seen a few girls with that tbh

(Original post by jedanselemyia)
    2 is lovely, very delicate.
    The swallows are the ones I'm going for atm

(Original post by al_94)
    Don't get one at all they are not cute
    I asked for what design to get. Not whether I should get one or not. But thanks for posting anyway
    (Original post by Profesh)
    The first two seem a tad trite to merit a permanent place on anyone's skin, but the third I like.
    The dreamcatcher?
    (Original post by DystopiaisReal)
    3 if its smaller.... but if the sizes are kept the same then 2.

ReputationRep:
    The dreamcatcher?
    Yes: an energetic and unapologetic display of something universally recognised and visually-appealing which nevertheless hints at deeper, more personal symbolism, whereas the others strive for a kind of elegant minimalism but lack the profundity to come off as anything other than twee, kitsch and banal. Birds and semi-colon hearts should be the domain of Tumblr ephemera or a perfunctory Clinton's greeting-card, not permanent body-art; conversely, whilst I might not hire someone with a huge dreamcatcher tattoo, by God I'd certainly date them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Profesh)
    Yes: an energetic and unapologetic display of something universally recognised and visually-appealing which nevertheless hints at deeper, more personal symbolism, whereas the others strive for a kind of elegant minimalism but lack the profundity to come off as anything other than twee, kitsch and banal. Birds and semi-colon hearts should be the domain of Tumblr ephemera or a perfunctory Clinton's greeting-card, not permanent body-art; conversely, whilst I might not hire someone with a huge dreamcatcher tattoo, by God I'd certainly date them.
    That was a very detailed explanation. It hit me in the feels.

ReputationRep:
    That was a very detailed explanation. It hit me in the feels.
    Mine would likely be a variation of this (crudely mocked-up for illustration):

Deriving from this:

Which is a logo I designed in 2004, and the hallmark of my decade-long obsessive curation of—and devotion to—music such that it now defines a significant aspect of my personality. You don't get much more personal than that.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.