GeologyMaths
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi and welcome to my A2 road to sucess thread.

I am a student studying Geology, Maths & French. My predicted grades are AAB after a poor BBC AS acheived grades, I am on a quest to get 3 A*s (resitting the C, but will leave the BB).

For the subjects I acheived Bs in, essentially, I will need to get 90% minimum, which is the threshold anyway for the A* boundary. I will then resit one of my AS module in the C grade subject which will boost it to a B, of which i will then need to acheive 90% in A2 to get the A*....

So the stastical analysis is all good, but actions speaks louder than words.. I have written a to-do calender list, from Feb to July including what i should do each week.. So for example, Cartesian Equations revision from 1-8 of Feburary.. I will make sure I accomplish these and constantly set reminders for myself to print, finish off etc a piece of work. I will additionally do a lot of exam pratice and set a minimum threshold.

I have a AAA offer for BEng Petroleum Engineering at UoM, so i am sure they'll be delighted if i get the top marks. Of course i dont need the A*s, but my teacher said if i acheive these grades, he will eat his chair..

Starting from March, I will fit my revision into these slots

Monday: 7:30 - 10:30
Tuesday: day off College, Library from 10:00-1:00
Wednesday: 7:30-9:00 & 1:55-3:25
Thursday: 7:30-10:30 & 2:40-4:15
Friday: 7:30-10:30 & 12:10-2:40
Saturday: 10:00-1:00
Sunday: rest
Kevin De Bruyne
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I hope that your teacher's chair is tasty.

It's good that you see that you don't need to resit the BB, and hopefully the attention that you can give to those modules as a result of that gets you those A*s and As.

Best of luck!

:rave:
GeologyMaths
Rep:
?
Day 1: 02/03

Did a June 2012 C3 past paper and acheived 70/75. I will do another 2 C3s before the end of the this week, whilst also doing some C4 questions.
I'll continue to create French flash cards to improve my vocabulary. I will leave essay to next week to give to my teacher.
I'll catch up on revising certain module for Geology and will do particular past paper questions for each of the modules.
GeologyMaths
Rep:
?
Day 2: 03/03

Did C3 Jan 2014 IAL paper and got 66/75 (91 UMS). Mistakes were caused by minor slip ups but i did it late night. Doing another C3 test in class tomorrow. Will leave maths past papers for a week, which I will then move onto C4. Will continue with D1 revision.

Will do an essay for my teacher to mark during the weekend. Also finish off bits of uncompleted french work.

Finishing off making notes for module 4 of F795 this week and will do past papers specific questions. Will start a new module next week.
GeologyMaths
Rep:
?
Day 6: 07/03

For this week, I will focus on C4 by looking at exam solutions and then attempting around 4 past papers. I will find out my mock mark for C3 i did in class. I will perhaps do just one C3 if i'm not happy with the mark. I will also do light D1 revision but no past papers.

Finished revising module 4 of F794 and did a few specific past paper questons. I will move onto module 1 of F795, which is a small module; with any luck, i'll start module 1 of F794 subsequently.

For french, I will start writing notes for Un Sac de Billes and make a start on LdF, whilst also adding to my vocabulary portfolio.
GeologyMaths
Rep:
?
Day 14: 15/03

Have realised that writing blogs doesn't suit me as far as studying goes. I find i work better if i work out what i need to do instead of setting reminders in advance etc. I've done alot of revision however including C4 revision, F794 & F795 revision. Also submitted a french essay to my teacher of which she has given me feedback on. Will look to do much more this and next week I attached Module 1 to F794 here since i don't have a USB...
Attached files
GeologyMaths
Rep:
?
Day 15: 16/03

Will do a C4 paper today and aim to get an A+. Will continue writing notes of Module 1 of F705
LelouchViRuge
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by GeologyMaths)
Day 6: 07/03

For this week, I will focus on C4 by looking at exam solutions and then attempting around 4 past papers. I will find out my mock mark for C3 i did in class. I will perhaps do just one C3 if i'm not happy with the mark. I will also do light D1 revision but no past papers.

Finished revising module 4 of F794 and did a few specific past paper questons. I will move onto module 1 of F795, which is a small module; with any luck, i'll start module 1 of F794 subsequently.

For french, I will start writing notes for Un Sac de Billes and make a start on LdF, whilst also adding to my vocabulary portfolio.
Have you finished D1?
GeologyMaths
Rep:
?
(Original post by LelouchViRuge)
Have you finished D1?
Yes very recently. What about you? What topic do you find the hardest?
GeologyMaths
Rep:
?
Day 23: 24/03

Have been doing a lot of catching up on F794. Will continue it this and next week.
For maths, i am focusing primiarily on D1, and trying to become familiar with it.
For french, it's just the usual - using Quizlet, doing Essays and Past Papers.

My current working grade:
Maths: B; French: D; Geology: D;
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Jan '20
  • SOAS University of London
    Development Studies, Interdisciplinary Studies, Anthropology and Sociology, Languages, Cultures and Linguistics, Arts, Economics, Law, History, Religions and Philosophies, Politics and International Studies, Finance and Management, East Asian Languages & Cultures Postgraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20
  • University of Huddersfield
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20

How are your mock exams going?

Love them - Feeling positive (13)
7.03%
They've been reasonable (77)
41.62%
Not feeling great... (48)
25.95%
They are TERRIBLE! (47)
25.41%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise