Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Edexcel - M3 - 18th May 2016 Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tiny hobbit)
    Assuming that you mean a solid cone, use the standard formula for the volume of a solid, using the line y = rx/h

This gives the distance from the vertex.
    No sorry I meant shell, not solid shapes. Also if you have time can you please assess my working?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BBeyond)
    How many papers u done?
    Probabky like 4-5 but still need to do more as im still doing stupid stuff atm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samb1234)
    Probabky like 4-5 but still need to do more as im still doing stupid stuff atm
    Thats M3 for ya, most annoying module ever.
    Suvats in circular motion are annoyin g af. Always make some numerical error.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by physicsmaths)
    Thats M3 for ya, most annoying module ever.
    Suvats in circular motion are annoyin g af. Always make some numerical error.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah they could at least make it so the time has a relatively nice solution instead of like 0.317536832

ReputationRep:
    Yeah they could at least make it so the time has a relatively nice solution instead of like 0.317536832
    Haha ikr.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ayman!)
    Assuming your reaction force/tension is in terms of an arbitrary angle, it's just T = 0 (when string goes slack - won't happen for a rod) or R = 0. June 13 and June 13 R is are good examples.

Could you do me a favour and tell me which ones between 2002 and 2005 are worth doing once you get started, if it's not too much trouble?
    Leaves when R=0, then it's just a projectile question
    Thanks I got the hang of it now

So far I've done June 2002, Jan and June 2003 and found them to be easier than last yrs exams.

ReputationRep:
    So is everyone reasonably confident? I'm getting A*'s for most papers, but some questions do give me a headache.

How are you guys feeling?

ReputationRep:
    Haha ikr.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Did the paper and got 70/75. Damn, that was one ugly quadratic. I messed up 1(b) of all things. :lol:
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Reporter Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Did the paper and got 70/75. Damn, that was one ugly quadratic. I messed up 1(b) of all things. :lol:
    :console:

ReputationRep:
    So did I I messed up 1b aswell.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Lol yeah it was ugly. Wouldn't mind a paper like that tbh, at least i don't need very high so doesn't matter too much

ReputationRep:
    How many marks would STEP III 2004 Q10 be for finding the accelerations?

ReputationRep:
    june 2012 is an awkward paper.

ReputationRep:
    lol yep, fiddly. I got my script back from last year when I did M3 and it turned out that all 5 marks I lost were due to rounding errors or alike

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foutre en L'air)
    How many marks would STEP III 2004 Q10 be for finding the accelerations?
    Looks roughly like 10/12 marks. Did you mean to put this in the STEP Prep thread?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zacken)
    Looks roughly like 10/12 marks. Did you mean to put this in the STEP Prep thread?
    Well it is M3 so..

ReputationRep:
    Are you resitting M3 this year?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foutre en L'air)
    Are you resitting M3 this year?
    yeh they entered me by accident but it was my only B (bar S2) so i thought i might aswell revise for it makes afm a*easier.

ReputationRep:
    Whats the displacement for b one
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SOREN_TORETTO)
    Whats the displacement for b one
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    It has the same centre of oscillation after it's been struck

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.