Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Edexcel - M3 - 18th May 2016 Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oShahpo)
    What did you get for the last question, the amplitude? Was it 0.6 something?
    Also, was the triangle question a lamina or a solid? Please don't say it was a solid.
    yep and yep

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by themechguy)
    What is relative motion? What question are you talking about?

I got 0.63 or something i think, so good.

I believe it was a lamina. If you got 3cm I think you are correct? Because 1/3rd height from base for triangles.

I did integral of xy divided by integral of y.
    ~

I think they meant a different paper. A yes, I also go what you got . Happy days

ReputationRep:
    I blame the C1 people for making TSR crash every 10 seconds.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know if arsey is definitely doing model answers this year?
    If he is hopefully he does them soon before i forget all my answers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by katie*may)
    Yeah i got 0.6 i think around 0.61 or 0.62 i can't remember exactly! and I found the equation of the line so I did y=-2/3x+6 i think it was that anyway
    Yea I think it was something like that. How did you find the 0.6? Did you find W (which was about root 125/8) and Vmax (using momentum) then found a?

ReputationRep:
    Also, was the triangle question a lamina or a solid? Please don't say it was a solid.
    Yeh 0.6 something amd triangle was lamina.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yea I think it was something like that. How did you find the 0.6? Did you find W (which was about root 125/8) and Vmax (using momentum) then found a?
    YES!! I did exactly that, omg this is so good i thought i might have messed that question up but i guess not

ReputationRep:
    Guys before you type a question can you put IAL/UK because people are getting confused haha

ReputationRep:
    YES!! I did exactly that, omg this is so good i thought i might have messed that question up but i guess not
    What did you get for the time? I used the reference circle and got 136 or something divided by 360 * Time period. I can't remember what the Time Period was.

ReputationRep:
    Regular, wtf was the answer to the time question, I always get those wrong I got .48 sec?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joshthemathmo)
    Regular, wtf was the answer to the time question, I always get those wrong I got .48 sec?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yea I think I got something similar. What was the time period? I got 136/360 * time period.

ReputationRep:
    What did you get for the time? I used the reference circle and got 136 or something divided by 360 * Time period. I can't remember what the Time Period was.
    Didn't get an answer of that part I had to leave it as i had earlier parts of the paper to go back and finish and then i ran out of time Oh well hopefully still enough to be able to get an A overall if i do well in FP1

ReputationRep:
    2pi/5 I think

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Didn't get an answer of that part I had to leave it as i had earlier parts of the paper to go back and finish and then i ran out of time Oh well hopefully still enough to be able to get an A overall if i do well in FP1
    There weren't too many marks for it I think.

ReputationRep:
    There weren't too many marks for it I think.
    yeah I think it was only 3 or 4 so I decided to finish the tension question cut that was worth loads

ReputationRep:
    The Tension time question was less then right? Not less then equal to?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Me and my friend both got 0.6something.

Question was a lamina I believe. I got 3cm as the answer.

ReputationRep:
    yeah I think it was only 3 or 4 so I decided to finish the tension question cut that was worth loads
    That exactly what happened to me .____.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by physicsmaths)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by physicsmaths)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yea it was less than

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.