Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Edexcel - M3 - 18th May 2016 Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Euclidean)
    Are you sitting the other M's and S's this year?

S3 is gonna bore me to death preparing for it...
    I only became a further mathematician in Year 13. These are the exams I have left:

C3, C4
    FP1, FP2, FP3
    M2
    S1, S2
    STEP 1, 2 & 3
    Physics (OCR A) G481, G484, G485
    Computing (AQA) COMP3

Hbu?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Louisb19)
    I only became a further mathematician in Year 13. These are the exams I have left:

C3, C4
    FP1, FP2, FP3
    M2
    S1, S2
    STEP 1, 2 & 3
    Physics (OCR A) G481, G484, G485
    Computing (AQA) COMP3

Hbu?
    I'll PM you, I suspect this thread is finished now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Louisb19)
    The duck guy is a troll by the way.
    Thought he was... still feel the need to respond. It makes me feel better. Mainly because troll's are mean even if we know they are troll's

ReputationRep:
    If you have a copy of the paper I can recreate my answers

Unfortunately my memory is not that good :P
    Ahh I'll say my answers
    Q1a F=1/3 N
    b t=7
    Q2 3cm
    Q3a OA=3.57m
    b acc=24.0ms^-2
    Q4a show that
    b angle=18.7° (I think around that)
    Q5ai show that (I messed up cause I wrote radius =l/2 sin30 and not tan30 but method was all right)
    ii I used the show that and got T=mroot(3)/6 (w^2 l -2g)
    b show that got it right
    Q6a v=root(3gl/2) (I'm not sure if that was the answer cannot remember but I know whatever I got was right because it worked for next part which was show that)
    b show that
    Q7ai prove SHM cant remember my w
    ii period using w
    b v=4m/s
    c t=0.483 (something like this)
    d Prove SHM w=root(15.625) or something like that it was a fraction form too but cannot remember
    e a=0.632m

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MarocMan)
    Ahh I'll say my answers
    Q1a F=1/3 N
    b t=7
    Q2 3cm
    Q3a OA=3.57m
    b acc=24.0ms^-2
    Q4a show that
    Q5ai show that (I messed up cause I wrote radius =l/2 sin30 and not tan30 but method was all right)
    b show that got it right
    Q6a v=root(3gl/2) (I'm not sure if that was the answer cannot remember but I know whatever I got was right because it worked for next part which was show that)
    b show that
    ii period using w
    b v=4m/s
    d Prove SHM w=root(15.625) or something like that it was a fraction form too but cannot remember
    e a=0.632m
    I got exactly the same answer as you lol

ReputationRep:
    Ahh I'll say my answers
    Q1a F=1/3 N
    b t=7
    Q2 3cm
    Q3a OA=3.57m
    b acc=24.0ms^-2
    Q4a show that
    b show that got it right
    b show that
    ii period using w
    b v=4m/s
    e a=0.632m
    Q4b) 18.4 degrees

Otherwise looks pretty much what I got (I'm gradually forgetting)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by duckducks78)
    someones butthurt they ddnt get a 75 lol
    Aren't you still doing AS

ReputationRep:
    nah
    Brought you back to GCSE?

ReputationRep:
    Q4b) 18.4 degrees

Otherwise looks pretty much what I got (I'm gradually forgetting)
    Yesss that's it, I got 18.4°, what do u think I would lose from that silly mistake I mentioned? It was 9 marks including part ii which I got by using their show that so I assume part i was 7marks alone? Anyways how many you think I'd lose? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Q1, speed is 12/(x+3) , they ask you to find the magnitude of force when x=3
    Q2, There is a right angled-triangle with 6cm and 9cm side perpendicular from each other. Work out the perpendicular distance of the centre of mass from line with 6cm (line AG)
    Q3, OA=1.5=natural length, λ=12N i think? I cannot remember the mass, Paricle is dropped from the O and come to rest in a place at C, work out the distance C
    Q4, a is proof, b is work out the angle between vertical and centre of mass when the sharp thing is held at one point of the circumference
    Q5 and 6 I cannot remember which one is which but I just put it down anyway
    Q5: There is 2 string which is AP and BP, AB length=l, the angle between AB and AP or AB and BP is 30, at the end of AP and BP there is a particle of P, the mass is m and it is rotating with w rads-1, work out the tension of AP and BP in term of g,l,w,m. Also show that the time take for the particle to rotate one rev is less than π(2g/l)^1/2
    Q6. Totally forgot all the numbers but I remember the speed at the bottom is (7gl/2)^1/2, radius of the circle is l, work out the speed when the height increased to l (which is horizontal to the centre A), then it is about the particle is move in a circular motion centre A and then in the horizontal it meet a peg B, it moves another semicircle around B so prove AB is greter than 1/2 l.
    Q7. Hahaha I've done this question before and I forgot all about it because I finished this one too quickly and I found not many people struggle on this,,,, so I'm too lazy to write this question lol

ReputationRep:
    Q1 part b is work out the time when x=4 i think
    Q3 part b is to work out some speed but I really forgot what is the exact question...

Ahhhhhh my memory is going bad

ReputationRep:
    1) easy
    2) easy
    3/0 piss
    4/ piss
    5_ pisstake
    6) so fucjing easy
    7) what a joke
    Trust me.
    Question 8 was hard though

ReputationRep:
    1) easy
    2) easy
    3/0 piss
    4/ piss
    5_ pisstake
    6) so fucjing easy
    7) what a joke
    I like your optimistic attitude towards M3 , now it is time for you to recall the exact question of M3 because I think the kind of people like you who can get full mark will definitely have more time than others to waste the time on memorising the questions so you can prove you are really smarter than others?

ReputationRep:
    Trust me.
    Question 8 was hard though
    Yeah you are right, I have no idea how to do question 8 because it is totally impossible... how can there be a such question exist in the world XD

ReputationRep:
    Yesss that's it, I got 18.4°, what do u think I would lose from that silly mistake I mentioned? It was 9 marks including part ii which I got by using their show that so I assume part i was 7marks alone? Anyways how many you think I'd lose? Thanks
    Did you manage to get the result? If so, they may see it as a 'fudged' show that.

If I'm honest, it depends entirely on the mark allocation, given it's so early on that you use the radius (resolving horizontally) it's likely you'll miss all of the accuracy marks from that point on which could be a lot (5ish) or could be very few (3ish), who knows?

Edit: ignore my 5ish and 3ish that's rubbish. It's likely around 4 and 2 respectively

ReputationRep:
    for you coz ur dumb lol
    Thick as duck sh*t

ReputationRep:
    doin STEP innit
    What's the point

ReputationRep:
    got 120 in all my STEP papers so feelin pretty confident
    you need more practice

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, nice to see people are fairly happy after today, thought it was a standard paper really, I just made a silly mistake cause I didn't read the question

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD1998)
    Hi guys, nice to see people are fairly happy after today, thought it was a standard paper really, I just made a silly mistake cause I didn't read the question
    Tip: follow the invigilator and follow them till they get into the car and you carefully sneek into the car and find your paper then change it quickly, all the answers is already in this thread so be quick now or never

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.