Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Edexcel - M3 - 18th May 2016 Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD1998)
    Hi guys, nice to see people are fairly happy after today, thought it was a standard paper really, I just made a silly mistake cause I didn't read the question
    Don't dwell on it, it'll be fine

Focus on the upcoming exams as they're now what's important

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Naeco)
    Tip: follow the invigilator and follow them till they get into the car and you carefully sneek into the car and find your paper then change it quickly, all the answers is already in this thread so be quick now or never
    Wish I could! Still think I've got somewhere in the 70-72 region

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Euclidean)
    Don't dwell on it, it'll be fine

Focus on the upcoming exams as they're now what's important
    Thank you, I don't think it's impacted my grade too much

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD1998)
    Wish I could! Still think I've got somewhere in the 70-72 region
    Well that is good!!! It is A* definitely

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by duckducks78)
    idiot
    I missed your trolling.
    Just like your mum missed me.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Did you manage to get the result? If so, they may see it as a 'fudged' show that.

If I'm honest, it depends entirely on the mark allocation, given it's so early on that you use the radius (resolving horizontally) it's likely you'll miss all of the accuracy marks from that point on which could be a lot (5ish) or could be very few (3ish), who knows?

Edit: ignore my 5ish and 3ish that's rubbish. It's likely around 4 and 2 respectively
    No I didnt I did the right thing for the wrong radius and showed so much working out however time was almost up in my exam and I decided to finish off at a point and just wrote "therefore Tension at a = show that" loool but is it allowed to use the show that to find part ii do u think? And yeah I understand thanks for this by the way

ReputationRep:
    Also for the COM question

Am I the only one who got (2-k) instead of (k-2) and then had to say mod (k-2) = mod (2-k)

Really couldn't be bothered to swap the direction I took as positive in the table

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by physicsmaths)
    I missed your trolling.
    Just like your mum missed me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No chil

2 savage

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    haha gud one but she doesn't go for dumb ***** like u
    She went for your dad whos dna produced u mate.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Messier31)

Am I the only one who got (2-k) instead of (k-2) and then had to say mod (k-2) = mod (2-k)

Really couldn't be bothered to swap the direction I took as positive in the table

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I got the same and argued that because k>2 the COM is left of O

ReputationRep:
    Does that arsey dude even do m3 mark schemes?

ReputationRep:
    I probably got the first bit of the exam wrong, the one with the force. Bloody stupid me just differentiated and plugged in 3, even though I got the second part right. It's keeping me awake this bloody mistake, god I hate easy exams -_-

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MarocMan)
    No I didnt I did the right thing for the wrong radius and showed so much working out however time was almost up in my exam and I decided to finish off at a point and just wrote "therefore Tension at a = show that" loool but is it allowed to use the show that to find part ii do u think? And yeah I understand thanks for this by the way
    Yeah it's perfectly fine to use the first part to answer the second part

ReputationRep:

I did that too; it's fine. It's like the distance to the right is negative, inferring that the centre of mass is on the left.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rgrewall)
    Does that arsey dude even do m3 mark schemes?
    Nah, he said he's not doing it

ReputationRep:
    no **** sherlock. least i dont have to lie about how good i am at maths, we all no ur **** mate. lol so insecure yu hav to lie about ur results behind a computer screen just to feel better about urself lol
    says the one who makes an account every week. I don't lie about any of my results, people know me in real life on here. I got 100Ums in C1.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DesignPredator)
    My answers are

1a) 1/3 N
    b) 7 s
    2 3cm
    3a) 3.57m
    b) 24 ms-2
    4a) Shown
    b) 18.4
    5 Shown
    6a) sqrt(3gl/2)
    b) Shown
    7a) SHM Proved Period 2pi/5
    b) 4 ms-1
    c) 0.483 s
    d) SHM Proved Omega=sqrt(125/8)
    e) 0.632 m
    Q1(a) - 1/3N ???? Shouldn't it be 1/6N?
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thats fine, it asked for 'distance' of com not displacement of it so no reference to which side. Note that k>2 so your done. You needed to know which side it was for the next prt which you probably did anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Nah, he said he's not doing it
    so who is going to post the M3 mark scheme....???!!!!:afraid:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Resonxnce)
    Q1(a) - 1/3N ???? Shouldn't it be 1/6N?
    dV/dX is not the acceleration, you must multiply it by velocity too. I made this mistake as well.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.