Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello I currently have all five offers but I'm incredibly stuck on what to firm!!

Offers are:
    Newcastle: ABB
    Manchester: ABB
    Birmingham: AAB
    Durham: AAB
    Bristol: BBB

My heart is saying Durham but it's so different to all my other choices as it's so small and I'm worried about not having the 'real' uni experience. I visited Birmingham but put off that they want the same grades as Durham and I feel the accommodation is quite a distance from the city centre. Manchester and Newcastle are looking good for my insurance but not sure which one to pick as I feel they are very similar. Bristol is 95% a no due to it being very very far away from where I live.

Could anyone give me recommendations as I'm really stuck. My predictions are AAB by my person predictions are A*AC

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katiepotaty)
    Hello I currently have all five offers but I'm incredibly stuck on what to firm!!

Offers are:
    Newcastle: ABB
    Manchester: ABB
    Birmingham: AAB
    Durham: AAB
    Bristol: BBB

My heart is saying Durham but it's so different to all my other choices as it's so small and I'm worried about not having the 'real' uni experience. I visited Birmingham but put off that they want the same grades as Durham and I feel the accommodation is quite a distance from the city centre. Manchester and Newcastle are looking good for my insurance but not sure which one to pick as I feel they are very similar. Bristol is 95% a no due to it being very very far away from where I live.

Could anyone give me recommendations as I'm really stuck. My predictions are AAB by my person predictions are A*AC
    Hey, I am having the exact same dillemma and been drying to find someone else to talk to! I have five offers from:

Exeter (AAB)
    Warwick (ABB)
    Surrey (AAB)
    Bath (AAB)
    Birmingham (unconditional, if not ABB)

I really like all different aspects of all the courses, and universities as a whole, and I'm really not sure where will be the best choice for me to go! I'd say Manchester, Birmingham, Durham and Bristol are more well heard of universities than Newcastle, in terms of employability etc. But none of them are 'bad' unis as such, which is why I am also struggling to decide! They all offer different great things!

ReputationRep:
    Have you applied for sociology as well? Like Durham is definitely up there for me due to its reputation and when I did their summer school I loved it. It's literally just because I always wanted to move to a bigger city than where I live now but of course Durham just doesn't have that. I was going to apply for Warwick but I was told it was quieter than Durham hahaha. All your uni's are top for sociology (hope you have applied for sociology now) it's just about personal preference for you I guess! I really like the modules at Durham, Manchester and Birmingham

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katiepotaty)
    Have you applied for sociology as well? Like Durham is definitely up there for me due to its reputation and when I did their summer school I loved it. It's literally just because I always wanted to move to a bigger city than where I live now but of course Durham just doesn't have that. I was going to apply for Warwick but I was told it was quieter than Durham hahaha. All your uni's are top for sociology (hope you have applied for sociology now) it's just about personal preference for you I guess! I really like the modules at Durham, Manchester and Birmingham
    Haha yes I did apply for Sociology, totally forgot to mention that!! Yeah thats what puts me off Warwick! Yeah it totally is personal preference, hoping post applicant days will help me make my decision! Maybe try to speak to someone at Durham and see how they find student life etc? It looks like to me you're deciding between those three then!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.