Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    So I have been accepted onto an Msc in Maths and am trying to muster the funds to pay for it all. At the moment my plan is basically a career development loan and the post graduate loan, and if I get those then happy days as this pretty much isn't happening any other way.

    The issue is the 'ordinarily resident in England criteria' for the loan, I have for the last few months been on a graduate course in Cardiff, so naturally rent a place there. I consider my home however to be in Coventry which I go back to regularly, and which is where I have lived and intend to live once my time on this course is over (at least until I start the masters). Moreover most of my practical details are still linked to my home in England - banking etc. Prior to my time in Cardiff I have lived solely in England, and as I said it's where I'll be come next year whatever happens, be it in oxford for the masters or Coventry trying to work out what to do with myself.

    My worry is, as you've probably guessed, that I worry my brief period in Cardiff on this course will invalidate me as an ordinarily English resident, is this a problem?
    • Official TSR Representative

    Official TSR Representative
    Hi East1992

    If you have permanently moved then you would apply to Student Finance Wales. If this is temporary then you would apply to Student Finance England.

Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.