Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello
    I'm applying for a fine art course- applied to Southampton Solent (where I think I'll go), Northampton (interview tomorrow), Norwich, Bath Spa and Brighton. Have offers from Solent, Bath and Norwich. So where are you all going? Are you going from A-level/Foundation/other? How old are you?

ReputationRep:
    Applied to the Glasgow school of art for BA(Hons) Fine art photography, and waiting to hear back after my interview.
    I'm soon-to-be 20, and am currently on a gap year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a_cmm)
    still waiting for an interview request/rejection email ..
    Ditto- but given newcastle have said they'd get back to everyone by the end of feb im pretty worried :/

ReputationRep:
    I was given an offer at the end of the interview for Newcastle , but reading through other threads from previous years it seems like some people didn't hear back until late March about interviews so there's still a lot of time I think.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ylmf)
    Got mine next week
    Hey how did the interview at newcastle go?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone had there slade interview yet ?

ReputationRep:
    I still haven't heard back have you? :/

ReputationRep:
    Any one heard back from Brighton the painting BA?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bellamilly)
    Anyone heard back from the Loughborough Fine Art Interviews last week?
    It didn't quote whoops... But yeah have you heard back yet? They said it would be 10 days to 2 weeks :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kasia1259)
    Hey how did the interview at newcastle go?
    They gave me an offer at the end of the interview - how about you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cats12345)
    Hey, I was wondering if anyone has received an interview for GSA painting/printmaking for first year, and also if anyone had heard back from Edinburgh for any of their art courses yet? I check my emails every day and it's so frustrating not hearing anything back yet! Good luck to everyone else in this thread
    Hey, I've applied for first year painting and printmaking at GSA and got an email for an interview today, I haven't gotten an offer from Edinburgh yet though

ReputationRep:
    Heard back from Brighton during the half term and got rejected, think I applied in November. Was a bit disappointed but didn't mind too much as wasn't one of my top choices Good luck to you!
    (Original post by Kt.96)
    Any one heard back from Brighton the painting BA?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cheshhh)
    Heard back from Brighton during the half term and got rejected, think I applied in November. Was a bit disappointed but didn't mind too much as wasn't one of my top choices Good luck to you!
    Sorry to hear that, I haven't applied there but my friend asked me to ask around as she's been waiting a while to get a response good luck with your other choices X

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ylmf)
    They gave me an offer at the end of the interview - how about you
    Oh...nope i didnt get an offer yet. I doubt i will since you got one immediately 😂

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vonbroten)
    Applied to the Glasgow school of art for BA(Hons) Fine art photography, and waiting to hear back after my interview.
    I'm soon-to-be 20, and am currently on a gap year.
    Same here! Turning 20 in August, doing volunteering in Denmark at the moment. Are you a Scottish/UK student?
    I've also applied for GSA Fine Art Photography, and I've read in the GSA/ECA 2016 thread that they have started sending out rejections... but oh well. I'm still hopeful.

Where did you apply?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spaces)
    Same here! Turning 20 in August, doing volunteering in Denmark at the moment. Are you a Scottish/UK student?
    I've also applied for GSA Fine Art Photography, and I've read in the GSA/ECA 2016 thread that they have started sending out rejections... but oh well. I'm still hopeful.

Where did you apply?
    No, I'm international and am currently working part time to save up some money!
    I applied to the GSA, UWTSD and Kingston uni for a couple different courses, but all within art and design.
    Yeah, I'm in that thread as well. The GSA Fine art photography course won't be sending off their results for at least 2 weeks, so we're safe for now, hehe.

Are you UK/Scottish?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vonbroten)
    No, I'm international and am currently working part time to save up some money!
    I applied to the GSA, UWTSD and Kingston uni for a couple different courses, but all within art and design.
    Yeah, I'm in that thread as well. The GSA Fine art photography course won't be sending off their results for at least 2 weeks, so we're safe for now, hehe.

Are you UK/Scottish?
    No, I'm international, too I'm German. I've only applied to Scottish unis (GSA, ECA, and DJCAD), because tuition fees + living costs in England are unpayable for me, sadly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spaces)
    No, I'm international, too I'm German. I've only applied to Scottish unis (GSA, ECA, and DJCAD), because tuition fees + living costs in England are unpayable for me, sadly.
    I understand.
    I'll get loans and grants from the government to help with fees, living and maintenance, so studying in the UK wouldn't be too bad for me. I'll just end up with a hella loan when I'm done...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Art.s)
    Anyone heard back from Newcastle fine art after interviews?
    I haven't but one person got an offer straught away after interview so im a bit skeptical. How did you think yours went?

ReputationRep:
    hi, i was wondering if anyone who has got a slade interview if you have got any portfolio examples i could see online? just wondering what they might be after so I have a bit of a clue before my interview

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.