Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by doner kebab)
    Ohh ok that's different, so do you have any preference, for example, would you rather go to art school?

Recently had interviews at CSM and Chelsea, last one is at Goldsmiths, no responses yet...
    I think if I got into Slade it would be very hard to say no.. I'm not entirely sure though. Where would be your second choice, I imagine Goldsmiths?

ReputationRep:
    any one for product design ? gsa ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by creamteapunk)
    I think if I got into Slade it would be very hard to say no.. I'm not entirely sure though. Where would be your second choice, I imagine Goldsmiths?
    should think it would be, though i presume such cases are not unheard of...
    yeah smiths is 2nd

ReputationRep:
    Hey, how many pieces of work have you guys included to your full portfolios (for an interview)?

UAL's website says "Five projects, plus sketchbook plans, is a manageable amount of content". I have a lot of individual pieces (and only one bigger project) and I'm not sure what's the the normal amount of them.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else had there slade interview ?

ReputationRep:
    Hey!! Really late here haha. I applied to GSA, ECA, DJCAD and GRAYS. I applied for contemporary arts at grays and was offered a place, same with Edinburgh for painting but im going to decline Edinburgh. My first choice is the general foundation at DJCAD, so im really hoping for that. Is anyone else? I was rejected for p&p at GSA which im okay with because i didnt want to go there anyway.

ReputationRep:
    I still havent heard from newcastle and my interview was a month ago :/ Anyone else?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paniikki)
    Hey, how many pieces of work have you guys included to your full portfolios (for an interview)?

UAL's website says "Five projects, plus sketchbook plans, is a manageable amount of content". I have a lot of individual pieces (and only one bigger project) and I'm not sure what's the the normal amount of them.
    hey you've got a link or something ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AnirudhKots)
    hey you've got a link or something ?
    Link for what?

ReputationRep:

For my interviews I made A1 poerfolio of like 15 individual pieces and then brought about 3 sketchbooks plus a gallery book. I had taken apart some old sketchbooks to make a new one with just my favourite little pieces in. After all my interviews they seemed to like the fact i had a gallery book and some life drawings (i don't know if this helps)

ReputationRep:
    Link for what?
    . nvm , you know anyone applying for product design ??

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone firmed Leeds Uni?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by poppyjoneslittle)
    Has anyone firmed Leeds Uni?
    You got a place! Congrats! I did too!

ReputationRep:
    I will be firming Leeds soon!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kt.96)
    You got a place! Congrats! I did too!
    Thank you very much! Congrats to you also!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Freya4415)
    I will be firming Leeds soon!
    Awesome! I think I'll firm Leeds, but I'm still so unsure! What made you decide that Leeds was the place for you?

ReputationRep:
    What are your other choices?

I just love the course, the modules look great and I like that there's more theory in it than other courses at different unis. Plus the new building which is ready for September looks amazing, loads of light and right in the centre of campus 😁

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone get an email about slade ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gjs2)
    Did anyone get an email about slade ?
    of what sort?

ReputationRep:
    Rejection emails ?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.