The way men act... Watch

Dheorl
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I keep on coming across articles online about the way men act, or the way they behave or what they think of women, etc. The list goes on. If you're lucky there'll be some bit in the article stating "we're not saying all men" or something similar.

Now these articles are obviously written to bring issues of "the oppression of women" to the light of the general public and supposedly to try and educate men that this isn't an acceptable way to act.

Often these articles are complete tripe for a variety of reasons, but even the ones which are half decent I wonder about some things. I mean for starters I think the fact that men apparently need to be "educated" about reasonable society as if we're some un-evolved thugs is simple insulting, but ignoring that personal gripe. The main issues I see is wording along the lines of "men act inappropriately towards women online". Now say you're a 14 year old boy. You think "I'm a male, I want to become a man and be seen as one, apparently men act inappropriately towards women online, I guess I should start doing that too". This can obviously be replaced with concepts such as "men see women as objects" with similar effect.

Now maybe I'm reading too much into this, and it doesn't have this sort of effect, but you just have to look at recent radicalisation to see how impressionable teenagers are to what they see online. I just can't help but think that these articles are doing a lot more harm than good, especially when you factor in the shaming and mocking of any man who tries to reasonably discuss the issue.

Just wondering what everyones thoughts on it are.
Asolare
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Yeah anyone who makes sweeping generalisations like this in a serious manner is stupid, but then the instant you try to say "you can't generalise..." you get the typical crazy SJW RADFEM screaming "AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH #NOTALLMEN EIGTEUHGHF".

I think it's disgusting whenever a feminist tries to generalise about men, if it was the other way around there would be non-stop whining.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What's your favourite genre?

Rock (208)
23.64%
Pop (218)
24.77%
Jazz (33)
3.75%
Classical (49)
5.57%
Hip-Hop (169)
19.2%
Electronic (60)
6.82%
Indie (143)
16.25%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise