Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why do whites generally not care about designer gear? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    It seems to me that those are supposed to be in the poorest demographic (ethnic inner city minorities) seem to have the most swag. The only whites that seem to revere urban/mall/MTV culture are generally chavs.

ReputationRep:
    Your ignorance is more obvious than a feminists' stupidity

ReputationRep:
    Not just "whites" Besides some of these designer labels are the likes of Henley's, Gio Goi, Bench etc..

I have nothing against them but tbh as far as brands go, they're quite "cheap" They're overpriced stuff with a high margin because they have a brand name attached. They also tend to have a habit of plastering their name all over the clothes which is just tacky tbh. It doesn't scream "good quality"

This being said, I don't mind wearing designer IF I like the product. My shoes are made by Ted Baker but I much preferred these over any other shoes. My watch is made by Citizen but them I'm a fan of Citizen and Seiko but I guess these are hardly "designer" - just a tad expensive for the average person

Often, one company will make their stuff for many others

I understand that with watches, Armani uses the mechanism from Citizen but the mechanism Citizen use is of a lower quality one that they'd use in their own as Armani want to maximise their margins. The rest of it is often made by Fossil and they make a lot of the "designer" watches. Cheap, rubbish watches which are marketed at a higher cost because it has a brand name. Michael Kors is also guilty here

In short, designer does not necessarily mean you get good quality stuff but it can do.

ReputationRep:
    You gotta be joking right? Designer gear is what white people love most.. Essex is full of these people.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.