Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter


    I recently completed an Access to HE course and I've got a question regarding the grades.
    In the first semester I got a Distinction on one of my assignments, which has been downgraded to a Merit on the final results. Plus, I have at least another assignment which I am sure deserves a Distinction, although it has been given a Merit.
    Now, I know this could be because of the externals, but I am pretty convinced that I deserve better grades and something odd was going on, as my personal tutor didn't reply my emails regarding my reference for the uni application, risking not to apply at all (applied just an hour before the deadline with the assistance of another teacher).
    How can I make them reconsider my grades and eventually sue her/them? Is there any official body that deal with these things?

    Thank you in advance
    • Very Important Poster

    Very Important Poster
    Have you spoke to your tutor? There's criteria to meet to get a distinction. Do you meet that criteria?
    • Thread Starter

    If you don't meet the criteria, you have the chance to resubmit and they would let you know. She didn't let me know, and I am pretty sure I met all the criteria. No doubts actually.
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.