[Business UG]Warwick Bath Durham Manchester St Andrews Watch

ih8r2
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I am an international student and received offers from Manchester and Durham recently. I apply for Business and Management in Warwick Bath Durham Manchester St Andrews.
Here's are some questions.
1. I know that there are two campuses in Durham. Does it matter?
2. Which college in Durham is the best for business student?
3. For business field, among the 5 listed schools, which school performs the best? Rank them if possible thanks.

Ultimate Goal : to join mnc or invest banks

Much thanks <3
LadyBugMery
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Yes, the Stockton Campus in Durham is a bit remote. For colleges, they all have a different feeling, so I really dont think it matters: pick a smaller one if you want a more intimate feel.
All 5 are excellent schools, all well ranked for example in the Financial Times ranking of the best business school (except StAndrews - but StAndrews is still very reputable as a university from a UK perspective). Bath does very good on placing student. Manchester is quite big. Warwick is excellent from an academic perspective and I would probably rank it first or at par with Bath. Durham is also excellent. I think I would not go for Manchester.
In the FT ranking, http://rankings.ft.com/businessschoo...-rankings-2015 Warwick comes first, then Manchester, Durham, Bath
University of Bath
  •  Official Rep
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hi,

I am a first year International Management student here at the University of Bath. I therefore went through exactly the same process as you this time last year! I would firstly encourage you to attend one of our offer holder days, I will be working on many of them this year and I can assure you that they will be useful. By visiting an offer holder day you gather information that you will not find on the student room or in a prospectus whilst getting a general feel for the campus.

The University of Bath is currently ranked first for Business and Management studies by the Complete University Guide. In addition to the rankings however a key selling point of the University of Bath to me is the placement team that we have. Our placement team in in-house (most universities only offer careers services centrally) which means that they have subject specific knowledge and contacts that are able to help us directly with getting a placement.

Feel free to take a look at some of our Corporate Partners, many of whom are MNCs. Obviously that is not all, our placement team have hundreds of connections with businesses of all sizes. We frequently have MNCs visiting us on campus included some of the largest investment banks.

I hope to offer as much support as possible to our School of Management offer holders as possible. If you have any further questions feel free to quote me or find my thread in the University of Bath forum (it may be safer to ensure that I do not miss any of your responses).

Good luck,

Hayden

(Original post by ih8r2)
I am an international student and received offers from Manchester and Durham recently. I apply for Business and Management in Warwick Bath Durham Manchester St Andrews.
3. For business field, among the 5 listed schools, which school performs the best? Rank them if possible thanks.

Much thanks <3
Maria Lee
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by ih8r2)

Much thanks <3
Hey, you said you are an international student, did you do IB? if so do you mind telling which subjects you took?
I am an international student too and i will be applying to management courses in all unis you listed!!
Are you currently studying in one of them?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Arts University Bournemouth
    Art and Design Foundation Diploma Further education
    Sat, 25 May '19
  • SOAS University of London
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 May '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Thu, 30 May '19

How did your AQA GCSE Physics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (487)
31.16%
The paper was reasonable (603)
38.58%
Not feeling great about that exam... (256)
16.38%
It was TERRIBLE (217)
13.88%

Watched Threads