Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Need a breakaway plan from going out with this person Watch

Announcements

TL;DR... Need a perfect alibi to turn down a lady I digged initially but then towards the end I was like no way I want to go out with her she is not my type.

This is partly my fault because I initiated the conversation, I indulged in flirtations and I expressed how we should meet again!

And it's important I steer away from this relationship without drama because any damage done to her is damage done to a mutual friend which is unacceptable.

The reason why I grew to dislike her is ...maybe... extremely shallow but I can't help ignoring that. It wouldn't have been a deal beaker say 3 months ago, but now it's gone to the point where I simply can't compromise.

Lastly, please don't say tell the truth or just talk to her. That's not going to help!

ReputationRep:
    "I'm not ready for a relationship right now" is a cliche but a valid excuse.

(Original post by georgiaswift)
    "I'm not ready for a relationship right now" is a cliche but a valid excuse.
    Well clearly I can do a better excuse than that... I told her we will catch up this weekend for lunch. My plan is not to reciprocate whatever she says about yesterday's event. Out of this situation without a hitch.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 30, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.