The Student Room Group

Edexcel: M3 - What are the exams like in comparison to the book?

Hello there,
I posted previously on this forum in regards to M3, saying I'm finding chapter 2 difficult. I was just wondering, are the exam questions anything like the questions in the book? Are the exam questions easier?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Resonxnce
Hello there,
I posted previously on this forum in regards to M3, saying I'm finding chapter 2 difficult. I was just wondering, are the exam questions anything like the questions in the book? Are the exam questions easier?

very much the same
Reply 2
Original post by TeeEm
very much the same

I'm gonna die 😩. Did you find chapter 2 difficult when you first learned it and done the questions in the book?
I'm gonna die 😩. Did you find chapter 2 difficult when you first learned it and done the questions in the book?

He's not a student.

I agree though - about the same. There are questions marked E which are actually past questions.
So far chapter 2 is the most difficult, 1 and 3 seem pretty simple so far
Hm I think I disagree.

Maybe the questions are of similar difficulty, but I have found the past papers a lot easier than when I was doing the exercises in the book.

Though this might be because the exercises were doing whilst learning the material, so appeared much harder
Reply 6
Original post by 雷尼克
So far chapter 2 is the most difficult, 1 and 3 seem pretty simple so far

I struggled on the Mixed Exercise 2E, what about you? What part are you on on chapter 3?
Reply 7
Original post by Student403
Hm I think I disagree.

Maybe the questions are of similar difficulty, but I have found the past papers a lot easier than when I was doing the exercises in the book.

Though this might be because the exercises were doing whilst learning the material, so appeared much harder

Did you find chapter 2 difficult? What was the hardest chapter for you?
Reply 8
Original post by Kvothe the arcane
He's not a student.

I agree though - about the same. There are questions marked E which are actually past questions.

Who is he?
Did you find chapter 2 difficult? What was the hardest chapter for you?

2 was quite simple in my opinion. I felt SHM and the harder Circular Motion questions were hardest topics
Who is he?

That's a secret I'll never tell xoxo.

I think the physics and maths tutor website has banks of past paper questions? Maybe look there to scan what that topic is like :h:. Anyway, learning is always hard. Once you have it, practice and application is easier.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
I struggled on the Mixed Exercise 2E, what about you? What part are you on on chapter 3?

Yeah same I struggled with 2D and 2E,

we just started gravitation in chapter 3
Original post by Kvothe the arcane
That's a secret I'll never tell xoxo.

I think the physics and maths tutor website has banks of past paper questions? Maybe look there to scan what that topic is like :h:. Anyway, learning is always hard. Once you have it, practice and application is easier.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

lol @ GG

I have only done chapter 1, which is fairly straightforward?
Original post by Mihael_Keehl
lol @ GG

I have only done chapter 1, which is fairly straightforward?

Yea ch1 is easiest lol
Yea ch1 is easiest lol

Fortunately I have covered hookes law and SHM in physics, still need to wrap my head around statics though.

I dislike mechanics, much better at stats/core/pure/decision.

Also I have got FP2/M1 and M2/D1 on the same day :facepalm:
Fortunately I have covered hookes law and SHM in physics, still need to wrap my head around statics though.

I dislike mechanics, much better at stats/core/pure/decision.

Also I have got FP2/M1 and M2/D1 on the same day :facepalm:

We are no longer friends

Spoiler

We are no longer friends

Spoiler

how many a levels are you doing :P

FP2 I am pretty set tbf.

Once loci and the polar stuff is done I am pretty confident.
how many a levels are you doing :P

FP2 I am pretty set tbf.

Once loci and the polar stuff is done I am pretty confident.

Oooh nice

I'm doing 4 (M/FM/Ph/Ger)

But I'm retaking a German paper and I did a Physics paper already, and also taking M3 as an extra

Wbu?
Reply 18
Oooh nice

I'm doing 4 (M/FM/Ph/Ger)

But I'm retaking a German paper and I did a Physics paper already, and also taking M3 as an extra

Wbu?

Wait, how are you doing M3 as an extra if you do M4 and M5?
Original post by aymanzayedmannan
Wait, how are you doing M3 as an extra if you do M4 and M5?

M4/M5 not taking the exams as I don't like the date of M4 and there's not much point sitting M5 if I'm not sitting M4.

M3 I'm taking as an extra because I think I have a shot at full.

That way I get a free "get out of jail free" card if I muck up another module - easy substitution in to get rid of the bad one :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest