lumpy breasts Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
hey i wanted to start a thread ask how lumpy its normal for boobs to be and when you should be worried because as far as i can tell boobs are just pretty lumpy in general?

like, im an 18 year old girl, and mine arent very big, but theres obviously still stuff going on in there, structurally, and muscle underneath. we were told at school to check them regularly even though we are young, and im just a bit worried because everything is so lumpy round there how am i ever meant to know if theres a problem?

left boob for example. if i feel the underboob area there feels like a big solid thing underneath. it almost feels like muscle, like a pectoral muscle? but i dont know how far up it goes, and i dont feel one on the other side. also sometimes it feels sore, except this might be because of all the curious poking i do. what is thus? just random boob weirdness? muscle? glands? something to worry about?

also on the left side, more on my chest between the breasts but still pretty close, there is something kind of lumpy. i think its almost symmetrical but its definitely more pronounced.

ive tried to look at the structure of the breat in diagrams to work out if im poking at ducts or glands or whatever but they arent really helpful. im just confused and i keep poking at them and pressing them and making them hurt.

does anybody know how to tell what is like, a dangerous lump and what is just normal?
Anonymous #2
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
does anybody know how to tell what is like, a dangerous lump and what is just normal?
Hi :wavey:

I'd suggest you go to a doctor if you're worried about 'lumpyness' - they're likely to examine it themselves and either tell you it's normal or refer you for an ultrasound (really straight forward) if they think there's a lump where there shouldn't be, which will give them a better idea of what it is. By that point they're usually certain, but if they aren't you'll have a biopsy to check.

You'll probably find if you do have a lump it's a fibroadenoma, which are quite common in teenage girls.
Can you move it around?

I'm not an expert or a doctor but I've been through all of the above
Rock Fan
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Your best bet is if you are concerned, see a doctor.
Anonymous #3
Report 4 years ago
I get what you mean.
you should push down quite hard and firm when you are checking for lumps and bumps as otherwise you might get distracted by little glands and the natural texture of breasts
The only real bumps you should be feeling is your ribs if you do it properly
Anonymous #1
right ok you know what, thanks everyone for replying, but i think what im feeling may be rib related. sorry if i sound dumb but ive lost weight recently and am not really used to feeling my bones. if im not sure i will check with the doc though, thank!
Anonymous #1
(Original post by EmmaStark)
Are you due a period? They're always a bit lumpier just before. If in any doubt, get them checked by the doctor - it's probably nothing but best to make sure.
i am on it as a matter of fact! but honestly i followed them more carefully with my fingers and am pretty confident its ribs now. ive never really felt my rib cage properly and its more prominent than i expected.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (274)
61.02%
Yes- I don't like it (22)
4.9%
No- I want it (120)
26.73%
No- I don't want it (33)
7.35%

Watched Threads