AQA English Language A - Revision Thread

Watch
LauraJayne
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
Not sure whether people think this is a good/bad idea.
Just thought that, considering Re-sits (and AS exams!) are extremely close, and the actual A2 exams aren't that far off either, people might find a thread useful, where questions can be asked regarding any of the papers.

At the end of the day, even if you're not resitting any exams, Unit 6 is synoptic, therefore any of it could come in handy.

[If people don't like the thread, I apologise and it can be deleted]
LauraJayne
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
No one?

LauraJayne
Rep:
Might aswell delete this then...
yellow96
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 14 years ago
I don't think it's a case of people not liking it, I think it's more to do with English language being considerably less popular than Lit or Lang/Lit.
LauraJayne
Rep:
(Original post by Thelfo)
I don't think it's a case of people not liking it, I think it's more to do with English language being considerably less popular than Lit or Lang/Lit.
Good point :]

Might aswell get it deleted then :]
Horatio Caine
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 14 years ago
I wish my school used the AQA exam board, instead we use the WJEC exam board. I don't like it, plus the fact my useless teacher gives us papers from AQA and says it's OK because they are exactly the same...
LauraJayne
Rep:
(Original post by Unagi)
I wish my school used the AQA exam board, instead we use the WJEC exam board. I don't like it, plus the fact my useless teacher gives us papers from AQA and says it's OK because they are exactly the same...
Heh, thats a bit mean!
Clefeen
Rep:
Report 14 years ago
Hey there,

Don't delete the thread! I'm an AS English Language student. Our sixth form is using specification B. I already have an AS in English Language (c) but am resitting all the modules again and will go onto A2 in September.

I've sat module one twice. First time I got an E and the 2nd time I got a C. I would love an A or even a B! Does anyone know what the criteria is for getting the high marks?
I got a B first time on module 2. I am resitting in a weeks time. I am hoping to get an A if I'm lucky. Oh and the coursework last time I submitted was a low C, now it's a low B. Overall it's looking good!

Any help would be must greatful : D
star18
Rep:
Report 14 years ago
Keep the thread I do this - got A2 exam next month - have u started revising for it anyone? Xx
LauraJayne
Rep:
(Original post by star18)
Keep the thread I do this - got A2 exam next month - have u started revising for it anyone? Xx
I have English Language Module 2 resit this Thursday, AGH STRESSS!

I'm absolutely dreading Language change!
star18
Rep:
Report 14 years ago
Ahh gud luck! Yes I answered about language variation as bit easier in the last exam - if u've got any questions i'll try n help as got an 'A' some how
vendettagirl
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 14 years ago
module 2 tomorrow. eep. haven't actually started revising yet...
LauraJayne
Rep:
(Original post by vendettagirl)
module 2 tomorrow. eep. haven't actually started revising yet...
How did you find Module 2?

x
ninaabbey
Rep:
Report 14 years ago
i'm doing AS english language. but i don't know what speciafication i am doing. on one of the questions i am grouping texts and on another i am analysing the texts. can anyone tell from this what spec i am doing???
jabed786
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 13 years ago
You are doing AQA English Language (B)

Spec includes:
Introduction ot the study of Language
(grouping and analysing 8 texts, then deeply anaylising two texts)

Language and Social Context
(choosing to analyse two out of three texts based on different topics e.g language and power asking a question about a doctor and patient, how is language represented)
DaniQuinn
Report 12 years ago
Hey!

I have just started English Language (AQA spec A) this year. I am ... bitterly dissapointed with it. I don't know whether this is due to the subject or to my teacher, who although is clearly well educated, and a nice guy, REALLY can't teach, and in all the time I have been here, I don't think I have actually learnt and understood ANYTHING! And it isn't just me; everyone else in the class feels the same.

So I need to get my self study aawwwnnn, as I need A grades. Can anyone reccomend any good revision websites, study guides, eductational shows, important research topics, etc. etc., as basically I have to resort to teaching myself all of this. I need an A.

Thank you to anyone who replies!

Dani
rurounikenji
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 12 years ago
hey does anyone know how to use the linguistic terminology to annotate texts, or could anyone give me an example please?
student_161
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by DaniQuinn)
Hey!

I have just started English Language (AQA spec A) this year. I am ... bitterly dissapointed with it. I don't know whether this is due to the subject or to my teacher, who although is clearly well educated, and a nice guy, REALLY can't teach, and in all the time I have been here, I don't think I have actually learnt and understood ANYTHING! And it isn't just me; everyone else in the class feels the same.

So I need to get my self study aawwwnnn, as I need A grades. Can anyone reccomend any good revision websites, study guides, eductational shows, important research topics, etc. etc., as basically I have to resort to teaching myself all of this. I need an A.

Thank you to anyone who replies!

Dani
I did AQA English Language A last year and i had the same problem....it was only just before the exam that i bought a really good revision guide.....it was too late then so i ended up with a c but if i used it right from the begining then i bet i would have got an a
Underated
Rep:
Report 12 years ago
And what revision guide is that?
sixthformstudent
Rep:
Report 10 years ago
does anyone know of a REALLY good revision guide i can buy. i have the text

book but i want something short so i can really take it in before the exam.

P.S the exam is on monday so PLEASE HELP!!!!!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

When did you submit your Ucas application if you applied to go to university this year?

September 2021 (38)
6.51%
October 2021 (261)
44.69%
November 2021 (70)
11.99%
December 2021 (74)
12.67%
January 2021 (75)
12.84%
I still haven't submitted it yet! (47)
8.05%