Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Central Saint Martins Fashion Journalism Watch

University Navigation

ReputationRep:
    Hey, so I've recently recieved an email from CSM about my application for their Fashion Journalism course and I have to write a 800 word journalistic article that demonstrates an awareness of journalistic style, the appropriate use of language and grammar, an informed view point on contemporary fashion and an individual response to subject matter. BUT I have absolutley no idea what to write!! If anyone is in a similar position or has any ideas I'd love to know!

ReputationRep:
    Hi Hannah,

I'm in the same position as you- I've no clue what to write about. It's the part about 'journalistic style' that scares me. I suppose the standard thing to write about would be fashion's obsession with underweight models etc. But I think everyone will write about that?

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I also applied for this course and I'd received an email. I also don't any clue what to write about... I don't know in which direction I should go with that work. Should it be more about some social aspects: that fashion isn't limited by any cultural constraints or more like a column about some latest trends? What do you guys think? I would really appreciate any help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by audrr)
    Hey, I also applied for this course and I'd received an email. I also don't any clue what to write about... I don't know in which direction I should go with that work. Should it be more about some social aspects: that fashion isn't limited by any cultural constraints or more like a column about some latest trends? What do you guys think? I would really appreciate any help
    I was thinking similarly to yourself, perhaps the cultural constraints angle but in a more casual tone like a column.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katie mcc)
    Hi Hannah,

I'm in the same position as you- I've no clue what to write about. It's the part about 'journalistic style' that scares me. I suppose the standard thing to write about would be fashion's obsession with underweight models etc. But I think everyone will write about that?
    I didn't even think about that but yeah I agree the journalistic style scares me too, thankfully my English literature teacher was once a journalist so she'll be able to proof read it for me.

ReputationRep:
    I'm unsure whether to write about a collection and turning point in a fashion house's history or an issues in the fashion industry? Any opinions? Both of these could be completely off topic

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lolarosabel)
    I'm unsure whether to write about a collection and turning point in a fashion house's history or an issues in the fashion industry? Any opinions? Both of these could be completely off topic
    I don't know, think we're all a bit lost haha. Perhaps more the contemporary route, what the future of fashion holds or what you suggested about the issues in the fashion industry could work I'm sure.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
    University of the Arts London resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.