ih8r2
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I know that there are two campuses in Durham. I receive an offer from Durham. I chose campus Z in UCAS but I have no idea which campus I am going to. Z = Durham campus / Queens'? Also, I received an email about college allocation. Can I choose my own college? What are the differences between colleges?

P.S. My offer is Business and Management with study abroad. i am more than happy to talk with other offer holders, current students or alimni!
username1230881
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by ih8r2)
I know that there are two campuses in Durham. I receive an offer from Durham. I chose campus Z in UCAS but I have no idea which campus I am going to. Z = Durham campus / Queens'? Also, I received an email about college allocation. Can I choose my own college? What are the differences between colleges?

P.S. My offer is Business and Management with study abroad. i am more than happy to talk with other offer holders, current students or alimni!
I'm not a Durham offer holder, but I've been to an open day, so I'll hopefully be able to help a bit.

Which campus you're on - Durham City, or Queen's Campus - is dependent on your course, not the campus code you put into UCAS. The campus code you chose relates to your college, which serves as your accommodation, primarily.

Your course is based on Queen's Campus. You would have had the option to choose a college when you applied, but I'm guessing you put in an open application, so campus code 'S'. The colleges you had/have a choice of at Queen's Campus are Stephenson and John Snow.

Campus code 'Z' means that your college allocation is pending and will be made by the university eventually; this would occur regardless of whether you made and open application or not.
ih8r2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Thank you so much! So that means I can only live in the Durham City but definitely not study in it? Is it far away from the Queen's one? I love that campus so much
username1230881
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by ih8r2)
Thank you so much! So that means I can only live in the Durham City but definitely not study in it? Is it far away from the Queen's one? I love that campus so much
You should live at Queen's Campus - as far as I'm aware, they will only allocate you a college on that campus, simply because of distance. Queen's Campus is roughly 30 minutes' drive away from Durham City, so you'll be completely based at Queen's, which has its own resources (library, teaching facilities etc.), and you won't need to visit Durham City unless you want to.

This is the address for Queen's Campus:
Durham University, Queen's Campus, StocktonUniversity BoulevardThornabyStockton-on-TeesTS17 6BH

While this is the address for Durham City:
Stockton Rd, Durham, County Durham DH1

There will still be lots of students there and, while I haven't seen Queen's Campus in real life, it does seem nice there. Though its isolation from the city of Durham itself is an off-putting factor, as it's completely separate.
Adaee
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Thank you!
(Original post by ATinyRevolt)
I'm not a Durham offer holder, but I've been to an open day, so I'll hopefully be able to help a bit.

Which campus you're on - Durham City, or Queen's Campus - is dependent on your course, not the campus code you put into UCAS. The campus code you chose relates to your college, which serves as your accommodation, primarily.

Your course is based on Queen's Campus. You would have had the option to choose a college when you applied, but I'm guessing you put in an open application, so campus code 'S'. The colleges you had/have a choice of at Queen's Campus are Stephenson and John Snow.

Campus code 'Z' means that your college allocation is pending and will be made by the university eventually; this would occur regardless of whether you made and open application or not.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (254)
57.08%
I don't have everything I need (191)
42.92%

Watched Threads