Can i apply for full time then part time and full time again?

Watch
hn123
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hello, i have a question about student finance. i applied for full time student finance and I dropped out in the first year. i am now doing part-time study at the OU and applied for part-time tuition fees. Can I transfer back to full time study for the second year and apply for full-time tuition fees again?

Please Help
hn123
Rep:
?
anyone?
hn123
Rep:
?
has anyone been through this?
SupportTutor
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Full time students are usually allowed the length of their degree plus one extra year so if you did less than one year full time previously I think you'll be okay.

I don't think part time study has an impact unless you gained a qualification but previous study rules are very tricky so you may need further advice from Student Finance England or the finance advisers at the university where you intend to apply.

All the best
hn123
Rep:
?
(Original post by SupportTutor)
Full time students are usually allowed the length of their degree plus one extra year so if you did less than one year full time previously I think you'll be okay.

I don't think part time study has an impact unless you gained a qualification but previous study rules are very tricky so you may need further advice from Student Finance England or the finance advisers at the university where you intend to apply.

All the best
ah okay. First of all thank you so much for replying! So, Im hoping if go back to full time, they wont count the part-time study as the full lenght of a degree, as i have already used up my extra year. I wanted to transfer in my second year
hn123
Rep:
?
has anyone gone through this?
Mark Lee - SFE Official Adviser
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi hm123

If you have done 1 full-time year this will use your gift up. the part-time study will not be counted, providing no qualification is gained. This will mean you will likely be eligible for full funding to complete your course.

Thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (66)
14.54%
I'm not sure (16)
3.52%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (153)
33.7%
I have already dropped out (8)
1.76%
I'm not a current university student (211)
46.48%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed