Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Prom dress Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi
    I'm looking for a prom dress for the summer, but have no idea where to get it from. All the places I've found have extremely glittery dresses and I don't want anything sparkly. What I have in mind is a dark colour, long dress with a leg slit or maybe low back. Any ideas where to get it?!

ReputationRep:
    The usual websites: asos, topshop, miss selfridge etc. Not sure about prom dresses myself so it would be worth just shopping around

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mayjb)
    Hi
    I'm looking for a prom dress for the summer, but have no idea where to get it from. All the places I've found have extremely glittery dresses and I don't want anything sparkly. What I have in mind is a dark colour, long dress with a leg slit or maybe low back. Any ideas where to get it?!
    finsbury park has some great dresses i got my prom dresses from there. where abouts do u live or you can just order online as well

ReputationRep:
    Hey I'm in the same position, whatever you do DON'T order from okdress online! It is sooo bad, they make you pay a lot for a dress that looks like a year 3's art project(well mine did anyway). The dresses don't even look like the pictures plus they make you pay an extra £15 after you've ordered for delivery so you essentially pay for delivery twice. This is the same with most websites such as dylanqueen so I recommend searching for some actual stores near you instead of online!
    edit- this isn't the same for all dresses, ASOS, Boohoo etc. are all reputable and very good.

ReputationRep:
    Have you tried Harrod's? They may seem extortionate, but you won't be left disappointed - believe me! :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Found these two in the sale section. Reduced from £109 to £49

http://www.coast-stores.com/p/lillia...4420?locale=en

http://www.coast-stores.com/p/allegr...0320?locale=en

ReputationRep:
    Try 'Forever Unique'. Its online and my parents both work there- the clothes are nice and in the sale, are reasonably priced

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrsSheldonCooper)
    Found these two in the sale section. Reduced from £109 to £49

http://www.coast-stores.com/p/lillia...4420?locale=en

http://www.coast-stores.com/p/allegr...0320?locale=en
    Thank you so much, had a quick look but these look great!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mayjb)
    Thank you so much, had a quick look but these look great!!
    You're welcome! I've tried on dresses from there and they are simply gorgeous!

ReputationRep:
    thank you everybody for all the help

ReputationRep:
    2 of my friends have already got theirs, from Lipsy and House of Fraser if I remember correctly... nice dresses too! good luck in the search

ReputationRep:
    They surely have the best dresses.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Try jjhouse.com, IMO they have good dresses.

ReputationRep:
    For anyone reading this in 2017

List of typical places for prom dresses:
    Asos (great selection)
    Topshop
    New look
    River island
    Coast
    John lewis
    H and M
    Lipsy
    Debhenams
    House of fraser

Less typical places but still great:
    Rare london
    Little black dress
    Boohoo
    Missguided
    Prettylittlething
    Nastygal
    Jane norman
    Dorothy perkins
    AX paris
    Little Mistress
    Goddiva
    Etsy
    BCBGMAXAZRIA
    Mango
    Zara
    Amazon
    Ebay
    Forever 21
    Pink boutique
    Virgos Lounge
    TFNC

Expensive (£300) :
    Forever unique
    Frock and frill

If you want to use one of those chinese websites that looks too good to be true, look for reviews on google first. Lots of them turn out to be scams
    Hope this is helpful

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.