fire_and_ice
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by SeanFM)
You have so many goals :eek4:

Best of luck! :rave::rave:
I know. Essentially, they all come together to make one goal, though - it's just broken down so I can think clearly and objectively.

Thanks
Indeterminate
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I like how you've highlighted the completion of several small tasks as key to achieving your long-term goals :yep:

My sister (1st year law) was in a similar position last year, and she was getting quite stressed about managing her workload in order to meet her offer. What I will say is that you just need to apply yourself and have some self-belief. You mustn't think of it as a matter of life and death, if that makes sense.

All the best! :thumbsup:
fire_and_ice
Rep:
?
(Original post by Indeterminate)
I like how you've highlighted the completion of several small tasks as key to achieving your long-term goals :yep:

My sister (1st year law) was in a similar position last year, and she was getting quite stressed about managing her workload in order to meet her offer. What I will say is that you just need to apply yourself and have some self-belief. You mustn't think of it as a matter of life and death, if that makes sense.

All the best! :thumbsup:
Thanks!

I'm afraid the only way I can think about it is as if it's a matter of life and death, unfortunately. I don't have a plan B, nor do I want the stress of having to think of one.
fire_and_ice
Rep:
?
I'll begin this blog by creating a to-do list, changing the colour accordingly. Red is the stuff I have yet to do whilst blue is the stuff I've successfully completed. The extension will only be done if I have time.

Sunday, 31st January
- Essay question on the law of omissions
- Finish draft for Unit 4, non-ficitonal writing
- Finalise notes on the law of omissions and causation
- Write notes on meta-ethics; the first four topics
- EXTENTION: Re-do the English mock

Okay, screw the stuff above. I'm going to have to dedicate the remaining day working on my English coursework - there is just too much I need to research and I need to get it up to scratch by tomorrow. I'm simply going to have to carry on with the remaining things tomorrow which is what I get for wasting time.
Indeterminate
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by fire_and_ice)
Thanks!

I'm afraid the only way I can think about it is as if it's a matter of life and death, unfortunately. I don't have a plan B, nor do I want the stress of having to think of one.
Aw, don't worry about plan B. You just have to believe that plan A is there for the taking :yep: I'm sure you'll be fine!
fire_and_ice
Rep:
?
(Original post by Indeterminate)
Aw, don't worry about plan B. You just have to believe that plan A is there for the taking :yep: I'm sure you'll be fine!
Thanks!

(Can't rep you )
fire_and_ice
Rep:
?
Okay, so yesterday I felt weak, exhausted and frustrated so couldn't post what I had achieved for the day. Unfortunately, I didn't do much because of this despite planning to do so. I will incorporate it into this post.

Monday 1st February:
- I arranged a meeting with another English teacher, asking him to look through my coursework pieces. For one piece (the literary writing) he said there is no reason why he should see anything below level 5 being reached (which is the highest level). The piece I was struggling on however, which was the non-fiction piece, he couldn't exactly mark or give me an idea of what I'm working at. This is because I didn't have much. I told him I was struggling to think of ideas, despite it being completely fictional and he helped me develop somewhat of a to-do list that I should focus on.

Tuesday 2nd February:
- I got my philosophy mock results back. Overall, I worked out the UMS and it was 82 (:thumbdown:) which wasn't what I wanted. But then again, I did prepare for it a day in advance... This won't happen when the actual exam comes though, obviously. I NEED TO GET 90+ UMS TO GET AN A*, REMEMBER THAT.
- Produced notes on Virtue ethics and the main concepts.
- Produced notes for Mens Rea
- Work on English non-fiction piece, work on getting at least half of the to-do list done.

Note to self: Cut down on the sugary drinks ffs.
fire_and_ice
Rep:
?
It's Saturday and clearly I haven't made a very good start to this blog. I have no reasonable excuse apart from the stress that's been basically consuming my energy and motivation. I'm working on it. Anyhow, here is what I need to do today:

Saturday 6th February 2016:
- Do past paper question for Section A English
- Do past paper question for causation
- Do past paper question for both Life and Death; the soul, and Attributes of God
- Catch up on all notes for Law
- Catch up on all notes for Ethics
- Work on the nitty gritty stuff for non-ficiton piece
kandykissesxox
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
It's Saturday and clearly I haven't made a very good start to this blog. I have no reasonable excuse apart from the stress that's been basically consuming my energy and motivation. I'm working on it. Anyhow, here is what I need to do today:

Saturday 6th February 2016:
- Do past paper question for Section A English
- Do past paper question for causation
- Do past paper question for both Life and Death; the soul, and Attributes of God
- Catch up on all notes for Law
- Catch up on all notes for Ethics
- Work on the nitty gritty stuff for non-ficiton piece
Good luck!!
I made a list last night of what I needed to get through but it's easier written then when you have to actually get up and do it. I'm stressed because I was supposed to be at the library for 9 and I'm currently wasting my time ffs
fire_and_ice
Rep:
?
(Original post by kandykissesxox)
Good luck!!
I made a list last night of what I needed to get through but it's easier written then when you have to actually get up and do it. I'm stressed because I was supposed to be at the library for 9 and I'm currently wasting my time ffs
Thank you!

Yeah, you're right. I was planning to go to the library too but I woke up late and it's not worth going there now.

WE CAN DO THIS!!!
kandykissesxox
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Thank you!

Yeah, you're right. I was planning to go to the library too but I woke up late and it's not worth going there now.

WE CAN DO THIS!!!
Welcome

My library closes at 1pm for lunch break and reopens at 2. I would go then, but my mom gets back from work around that time and she's gonna complain cause I'm not at home to do the roti lmao😡

I'm def getting up at 11:30😅👍🏽
fire_and_ice
Rep:
?
(Original post by kandykissesxox)
Welcome

My library closes at 1pm for lunch break and reopens at 2. I would go then, but my mom gets back from work around that time and she's gonna complain cause I'm not at home to do the roti lmao😡

I'm def getting up at 11:30😅👍🏽
LOL :lol: Ngl, I tried making aloo parathas last week and I decided I won't try again until exams are over. I wasted like 2-3 hours making that for everyone and they weren't even nice.

Enjoy your last eight minutes in bed!
kandykissesxox
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
LOL :lol: Ngl, I tried making aloo parathas last week and I decided I won't try again until exams are over. I wasted like 2-3 hours making that for everyone and they weren't even nice.

Enjoy your last eight minutes in bed!
Aloo parathas 😍😍😍
In your defence potatoes are a hassle to prepare.

Worst thing is when you slave away in the kitchen cooking something and your mom is quick to dismiss it.

😞
fire_and_ice
Rep:
?
Sunday 7th February:
- Make revision posters for Actus Reus and Mens Rea (make sure cases are emphasised and presented in a memorable way)
- Make revision notes for Religious Experience
- Begin reading 'A Doll's House' whilst analysing and annotating
- Plan answer for past paper Q on Section A
- Begin notes on Strict Liability

REMEMBER: Meeting @ library with English teacher during 3rd period on Monday

Ugh, I've hardly gotten through half of that list and I'm exhausted :cry2:
fire_and_ice
Rep:
?
Okay, so I have precisely 15 days to meet my deadline in completing all my notes for all three subjects. So far, it's been tough for me to stick to what I had initially planned - primarily because of how mind-numbingly boring Law is. I've been getting extra tuition for Law weekly (which is a subject I'm teaching myself) and for English to help me achieve full marks.

Considering how painful I find it to write on this blog (not entirely sure if this can be called a blog, but whatever) due to the heart palpitations and panic it causes me -- well, not really, but it just reminds me of that feeling of doom and the possibility of living a life that would seem like a never-ending tragedy -- I've written myself a to-do list for the entire week.

WORK ON COMMENTARY AND NON-FICTION DAILY.

Tuesday 16th February:
Re-write and complete all philosophy notes
Do a philosophy past paper

Wednesday 17th February:
Make notes on 'All My Sons', Act 1 and 2
Do past paper question for Section A
Make notes on Law chapters 1-4 and re-do past questions

Thursday 18th February:
Ethics notes, chapters 1 and 2
Do past paper questions for both chapters
Make notes on 'All My Sons' Act 3
Do past paper question for Section A

Friday 19th February:
English Legal System notes on civil cases and ADR (Police powers too, if possible)
Make notes on Law exam technique
Past paper question for Section A
Make notes on 'A Doll's House', Act 1

Saturday 20th February:
Make notes on pre-trial procedure in cc and criminal courts
Do past paper question on Actus Reus
Make notes on 'A Doll's House', Act 2
Do past paper for philosophy

Sunday 21st Febraury:
Make notes on 'A Doll's House', Act 3
Do two past paper questions for English Legal System
Finalise all three pieces of work
Past paper question for meta ethics and/or virtue ethics

Other things to do:
- Call Sarah between Thursday and Sunday
- Arrange dentist appointment and hair trim
fire_and_ice
Rep:
?
Right now, I'm in the process of writing my notes for Philosophy. I had a late morning due to some issues I had the previous night (too much caffine and anxiousness). I've substituted my morning coffee for a mug of green tea (which is absolutely horrid) and I'm on my second mug now. It's healthier and means I stay more hydrated. I'll treat myself to a mug of real coffee after I've finished my philosophy notes. I'll probably attach my philosophy notes onto here as soon as I'm done, just so when I look back at this stuff I feel somewhat happy.

Ugh, I can't stop feeling so down and/or angry all the time. I'm desperately trying to work on this. I would go into why, but it'll turn into a rant about how pointless everything ultimately is. :emo:

4.51PM: I've finished my notes on the first chapter for Philosophy. It remained incomplete in my folder for quite some while so I had to review some of the stuff, and I'm proud to say it's done. Now for the next chapter...

I can't seem to attach my document for some reason? Sort it out TSR technicians (please).

5.25pm: I've changed my plans, I'll be aiming to complete all of my philosophy notes tonight. I'll need to shift a few things around in my weekly to-do list I made yesterday. This is because I find it difficult to jump from one subject to another without finishing it to a state of perfection. I would have ended up thinking about Philosophy whilst making my English notes, and therefore would have lost focus.
fire_and_ice
Rep:
?
1.02PM: I've almost done my notes for philosophy. It's a ridiculous amount, and I was unrealistic to think I could get it done within a day. I have yet to complete one entire chapter which I assume will take me at least two hours. Nonetheless, I will get this done and stick to my timetable. I'm on a break until 2PM, which will consist of me drinking coffee and catching up on an episode of Mr Robot.

Interestingly enough, I kept thinking about the notes I made about the soul whilst I was sleeping. This is a good sign.

4.23PM: I'm feeling quite weak and just dead. I need to get a ****ing grip, ffs. I NEED TO GET MY PREDICTED GRADES.

Ya Allah, please help and guide me.

7.33PM: Finished my notes for philosophy, thankfully. I've had enough for the day. I'm going out for dinner and hopefully will make my notes on 'All My Sons' as soon as I'm back.
fire_and_ice
Rep:
?
I basically spent the day writing notes on half a chapter of Philosophy. That took me about 4-5 hours until I was mentally drained.

NOTE TO SELF: GET ALL REVISION NOTES DONE BY THE END OF THE MONTH - I HAVE 10 DAYS
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (143)
42.69%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (39)
11.64%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (28)
8.36%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (71)
21.19%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (34)
10.15%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (20)
5.97%

Watched Threads