Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What to send her for a first text? Watch

Announcements

This girl is in my class and we've messaged on FB a few times and today I got her number. Considering we've spoken before, should i message her something playful or funny or what? We know each other through our class so we know each other, it's just I never sent her a text before and I want to do it.

and no, i'm not sending her pics of my penis.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    This girl is in my class and we've messaged on FB a few times and today I got her number. Considering we've spoken before, should i message her something playful or funny or what? We know each other through our class so we know each other, it's just I never sent her a text before and I want to do it.

Anything really, maybe a reference to something between the two of you or a question, anything that warrants a response. I.e not 'hi'.

Playful or funny sounds good.

ReputationRep:
    First off, why is this anon?
    Secondly, we don't know the girl so we don't know what to say. Stop overthinking it and just send a message.

(Original post by georgiaswift)
    First off, why is this anon?
    Secondly, we don't know the girl so we don't know what to say. Stop overthinking it and just send a message.
    I forgot to mention that I like her and there's a chance that she likes me

ReputationRep:
    Hey

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Be yourself.

If you simply can't text a girl your not ready for any type of relationship. It's a TEXT imagine back in the day when you actually had to talk on the phone. It's a ****ing text!!!!!!!!!!!! Guys are such losers these days.

ReputationRep:
    Just say 'hi' mate. What harm can it do?

ReputationRep:
    Definitely something funny based on your conversations before. "Hi" is boring.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PangXie)
    Definitely something funny based on your conversations before. "Hi" is boring.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    "Hi, how are you doing?" is as neat as it can be. ahhhhhh whatever happend to normal convoo starters.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nero NA)
    "Hi, how are you doing?" is as neat as it can be. ahhhhhh whatever happend to normal convoo starters.
    If it was a first conversation then I'd agree, but they've already been talking by FB so I think OP can say something more personal.

ReputationRep:
    Say 'Raawwwrrrrr!'

Posted from TSR Mobile

Propose and tell us how it went.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    He obviously wants to impress her because he likes her. How is he going to get any confidence when girls line you put him down!

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by Ukrainian Doctor)
    He obviously wants to impress her because he likes her. How is he going to get any confidence when girls line you put him down!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I have to agree with you. He even made a thread on TSR. This means he cares, but we don't know anything about the girl.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Tell us more about this girl please!

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by Impressive)
    I have to agree with you. He even made a thread on TSR. This means he cares, but we don't know anything about the girl.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    (Original post by Ukrainian Doctor)
    Tell us more about this girl please!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well, what do you wanna know about her?

She's got a really playful personality, she's chatty, outgoing and smart. When we talked on FB, she would try and keep the conversation going which is good since I'm terrible at that sort of thing. The only thing is she doesn't usually start a conversation over text/FB but I guess that can be due to the fact that we don't really know each other that well yet.

This is still a friendship in its early stages so I *think* I have a chance but the issue is her playful personality which I don't want to misinterpret as good signs that she likes me back

ReputationRep:
    I'll speak for myself here. Just the fact that a guy is willing to text you first is enough to make a girl feel good.

I don't know how you act normally around her but you can never go wrong with a playful text. Once you talk you'll be able to read her signs and see if she likes you back. Maybe she is just waiting for that first text, you know?

Well, what do you wanna know about her?

She's got a really playful personality, she's chatty, outgoing and smart. When we talked on FB, she would try and keep the conversation going which is good since I'm terrible at that sort of thing. The only thing is she doesn't usually start a conversation over text/FB but I guess that can be due to the fact that we don't really know each other that well yet.

This is still a friendship in its early stages so I *think* I have a chance but the issue is her playful personality which I don't want to misinterpret as good signs that she likes me back
    Let me clarify something.

You are asking us how to start a conversation with a girl online but you didn't actually told us what you really want. Is it a friendship, just a chat or perhaps you want to be in relationship?

You have mentioned that she is outgoing, which means she does not really care whether a friend will message her on social media or whatever you are using because she is probably exchanging hundreds of messages every day.

Smart? Do not just message her, make something relevant to your discussion such as you may need help with something she is good at and progress from there, otherwise she will think that you want to hit on her.

Good luck

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    i want a giraffe

my favourite convo starter

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 31, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.