Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I'm aware that this is the Relationship section but i have friends one here and i dont want them to know it's me :/
So i failed my first AS mock and im very scared that i will get kicked off the course because of that. It will destroy my dreams and i can't ever face my family and friends again.
Will i get kicked off the course because of my mock results? It's nearly February and i can't take another course it's too late
xoharrypotter
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I'm aware that this is the Relationship section but i have friends one here and i dont want them to know it's me :/
So i failed my first AS mock and im very scared that i will get kicked off the course because of that. It will destroy my dreams and i can't ever face my family and friends again.
Will i get kicked off the course because of my mock results? It's nearly February and i can't take another course it's too late
no they cant
robinson96
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
No, at my sixth form quite a few people failed at least 1 AS exam, and no one was kicked out. They'll be more concerned about helping sort out the issue so you can get a better grade in the summer. Don't stress!
Anonymous #1
(Original post by robinson96)
No, at my sixth form quite a few people failed at least 1 AS exam, and no one was kicked out. They'll be more concerned about helping sort out the issue so you can get a better grade in the summer. Don't stress!
Thank you! i feel relived now, my teacher did threaten my class that she will kick us off the course if we fail.
robinson96
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
That's ok Teachers usually say stuff like that to try and give people incentive to revise (as a lot of people don't for mock exams)
Anonymous #1
(Original post by robinson96)
That's ok Teachers usually say stuff like that to try and give people incentive to revise (as a lot of people don't for mock exams)
Thank you for your help
Lawliettt
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Thank you! i feel relived now, my teacher did threaten my class that she will kick us off the course if we fail.
(Original post by xoharrypotter)
no they cant
People at my school got kicked off Biology and Maths courses for failing
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Lawliettt)
People at my school got kicked off Biology and Maths courses for failing
Really..? omg im so scared now...im gonna get kicked out
The Warsmith
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
What course would that be exactly?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by The Warsmith)
What course would that be exactly?
Chemistry
kieran12321LFC
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Chemistry
Depends on your teachers and that to be honest, people in my Physics and Maths where kicked out last year for doing poorly in AS mocks but in my Further Maths and Chemistry people who did cack in the mocks didn't get kicked off
username2364629
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Nope, a lot of people do badly in their mocks. I've never heard of anyone being kicked out for a bad mock grade. They'll just expect you to revise more to improve.

I wouldn't worry about it.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by OrchidStar)
Nope, a lot of people do badly in their mocks. I've never heard of anyone being kicked out for a bad mock grade. They'll just expect you to revise more to improve.

I wouldn't worry about it.
Thank you!
nikhiltikare
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
They can't kick you off, you're locked to your choices from the 5th of October since you're on the national system so once you're on and submitted, then you're stuck and if you change or get kicked off, then you'll have to carry a dead qualification with you (a U grade with 0 UMS) everywhere you go!
Lawliettt
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by nikhiltikare)
They can't kick you off, you're locked to your choices from the 5th of October since you're on the national system so once you're on and submitted, then you're stuck and if you change or get kicked off, then you'll have to carry a dead qualification with you (a U grade with 0 UMS) everywhere you go!
That's such rubbish lol. As long as you're not entered for an exam, you won't get a grade. You can drop whenever you want. And even then, you can withdraw entry for an exam up until very close to the exam period.
PharaohFromSpace
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
1- take a deep breath and don't worry

2- If you like the subject, just work really hard, revise, do past papers etc.

3- if it's any consolation, last year, loads of people got a U in the physics mock exam, but an A at the end, at my school.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by PharaohFromSpace)
1- take a deep breath and don't worry

2- If you like the subject, just work really hard, revise, do past papers etc.

3- if it's any consolation, last year, loads of people got a U in the physics mock exam, but an A at the end, at my school.
Thank you i feel better now .
Blondie987
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I don't have experience with a levels but if they kicked you out for failing an exam they wouldn't be a very good school tbh, surely the whole point of mocks is to show you where you're going wrong in time for the final exam?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Blondie987)
I don't have experience with a levels but if they kicked you out for failing an exam they wouldn't be a very good school tbh, surely the whole point of mocks is to show you where you're going wrong in time for the final exam?
They might not want some loser who would fail at the end anyway
I hope they don't kick me out though cause its a mock :/
Blondie987
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
They might not want some loser who would fail at the end anyway
I hope they don't kick me out though cause its a mock :/
If that were the case, most schools would only have a handful of pupils lol, you're not a loser at all, you failed an exam like the vast, vast, vast majority of people in the world have done and your school should help you work where you've gone wrong to fix it
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (22)
6.21%
Uncertainty around my education (38)
10.73%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (41)
11.58%
Lack of purpose or motivation (48)
13.56%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (18)
5.08%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (16)
4.52%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (37)
10.45%
Financial worries (25)
7.06%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (15)
4.24%
Exposure to negative news/social media (22)
6.21%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (10)
2.82%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (36)
10.17%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (26)
7.34%

Watched Threads