Do TSR Subscriptions still exist? Watch

Wiggly
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
The FAQ page (http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/faq.php?faq=profiles) is riddled with links to Subscriber privileges but it says that there currently isn't a subscription running. It has said this for a while.

Is there ever going to be a return of the Subscription programme?
TheOtherSide.
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Wiggly)
The FAQ page (http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/faq.php?faq=profiles) is riddled with links to Subscriber privileges but it says that there currently isn't a subscription running. It has said this for a while.

Is there ever going to be a return of the Subscription programme?
As far as I know, nope. Previous subscribers do still have some perks from the old system left, like being able to change their username, but I do think those webpages still need to be updated.
Snufkin
Badges: 21
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by TheOtherSide.)
As far as I know, nope. Previous subscribers do still have some perks from the old system left, like being able to change their username
That was never a sub perk. We still have access to the backroom (which is dead anyway so meh) and we still have coloured usernames but that's about it.
TheOtherSide.
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Snufkin)
That was never a sub perk. We still have access to the backroom (which is dead anyway so meh) and we still have coloured usernames but that's about it.
Ah, thanks for the clarification :^_^:
username917703
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Should bring back that chat room thingy, I reckon I'd even sub then.
Wiggly
Rep:
?
So the average Steve would now never be able to use any of that fancy stuff such as animated & larger avatars/pretty titles unless they becomes some sort of moderator (apparently they get subscription perks for free)?
Snufkin
Report 4 years ago
So the average Steve would now never be able to use any of that fancy stuff such as animated & larger avatars/pretty titles unless they becomes some sort of moderator (apparently they get subscription perks for free)?
I thought non-subs can have big avatars now? Have you tried?
Wiggly
Rep:
?
Any 'official' word on this?

lustawny
Badges: 6
Report 4 years ago
I thought everyone had access to the back room now?
thunder_chunky
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Wilfred Little)
Should bring back that chat room thingy, I reckon I'd even sub then.
The shoutbox. I doubt that'll return. Too many snowflakes.
chikane
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I thought non-subs can have big avatars now? Have you tried?
I'm a non-sub and my avatar is huge.
NursingStudent93
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by thunder_chunky)
The shoutbox. I doubt that'll return. Too many snowflakes.
Reported for triggering me.

Roving Fish
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Any 'official' word on this?
Subs was made defunct when the main perks of it were opened to everyone, free of charge. However, because of the permissions group that it automatically assigned to subs, it still technically exists in a legacy form. Subs can change the colour of their username, access an age old arcade in some form, appear offline to non-subs (invisible) and access The Back Room (private [dead] forum).

They used to be able to exclusively have big avatars and also had access to a shoutbox. Big avatars should be available to all afaik and the shoutbox is gone - unlikely to make a return because of the amount of CT and stuff that happened in it. :rolleyes:

Hope that answered your question... I'll see if I can poke CT to remove mentions of subs from the FAQ system.
Snufkin
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by lustawny)
I thought everyone had access to the back room now?
Do they? I hope not, people posted there on the understanding that it wouldn't be viewable to most people.
Jenx301
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
What is the backroom?
ByronicHero
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Jenx301)
What is the backroom?
An old private forum where subscribers could IM each other and post pictures of themselves mostly naked.
Roving Fish
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Do they? I hope not, people posted there on the understanding that it wouldn't be viewable to most people.
They do not. Only those in the subs usergroups have access to that forum.
Jenx301
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by ByronicHero)
An old private forum where subscribers could IM each other and post pictures of themselves mostly naked.
:lolwut:
ByronicHero
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Roving Fish)
They do not. Only those in the subs usergroups have access to that forum.
Is that usergroup just whoever happened to be a sub at the point of the changeover?
ByronicHero
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Jenx301)
:lolwut:
They also had completely naked if that helps.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (364)
67.03%
No (179)
32.97%

Watched Threads