The Student Room Group

France or Netherlands?

I live in Cyprus and i attend a french school which is why France is one option. With that being said i have been told that dutch unis are really good and i must say the rankings do seem to be in favor of that. I was just wondering where would actually end up cheaper. I understand that France have way cheaper unis but i don't know if dutch unis are worth the extra money. Obviously i understand these forums are mostly for people from the uk but i have been told that lots of students from the uk have been going to the Netherlands for undergrad studies so maybe somebody here would know. I have been told that in France when it comes to general costs in France ( housing, food...etc) would be around 700 (euros) a week(excluding Paris), which is roughly 500 pounds, but to be honest i have no clue what the Netherlands would go up to
Original post by Emilantoun
I live in Cyprus and i attend a french school which is why France is one option. With that being said i have been told that dutch unis are really good and i must say the rankings do seem to be in favor of that. I was just wondering where would actually end up cheaper. I understand that France have way cheaper unis but i don't know if dutch unis are worth the extra money. Obviously i understand these forums are mostly for people from the uk but i have been told that lots of students from the uk have been going to the Netherlands for undergrad studies so maybe somebody here would know. I have been told that in France when it comes to general costs in France ( housing, food...etc) would be around 700 (euros) a week(excluding Paris), which is roughly 500 pounds, but to be honest i have no clue what the Netherlands would go up to

I would say costs of living are quite similar. Obviously it depends on the city you want to be living as well as Amsterdam and Paris are much more expensive (rent) than any other city.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending