Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The story this far...

Recently did my mocks and received my results as follows:
    - A* Maths (also doing FM but no grade yet)
    - A* Physics
    - A* Computer Science
    - A Chemistry
    - A Biology
    - A Religious Studies
    - A English Language
    - B English Literature
    - B Geography
    - B Spanish
    - B Music

Hoping to push all of these results up at least one grade!

Current Controlled Assessment results:
    - English - A, B (retaking), A
    - English Literature - A (Shakespeare)
    - Geography - A, A
    - Chemistry ISA - B (retaking)
    - Computer Science - A*, A*

Coming up:
    - English Language OM&M CA on Tuesday
    - English Language narrative retake
    - Chemistry retake
    - Music solo/ensemble performance

Any advice for the OM&M CA greatly appreciated!

Alex (zeldor711)

For the OMAM make your analysis original and don't talk about CW as everyone does. The key to getting into band 5 is by expanding your analysis and making sure it's an individual response rather than being similar to what everyone writes.

Just finished my OMAM controlled assessment. Think it went well (A or B) but only time will tell :backstab:

On another note, parent's evening today in two hours time. So that'll be fun. Absolutely dreading English but everything else should be fine.

First two days of revision are complete!
    Managed to get through English, Spanish, science and geography. In English I did some poetry, which was really fun as our teacher hasn't taught it to us yet! Apparently we'll "only be spending a couple of lessons on it some it is important to revise it now."

In other news, I'm currently top of my class using Memrise (a language learning app - check it out here)!
    Attachment 504199

This means in total I've done 8 hours of revision this far - just 350 left to go!!!
What's the best type of cheese?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.