Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Grow Your Grades: My Attempt at All A*s and As Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    The story this far...

Recently did my mocks and received my results as follows:
    - A* Maths (also doing FM but no grade yet)
    - A* Physics
    - A* Computer Science
    - A Chemistry
    - A Biology
    - A Religious Studies
    - A English Language
    - B English Literature
    - B Geography
    - B Spanish
    - B Music

Hoping to push all of these results up at least one grade!

Current Controlled Assessment results:
    - English - A, B (retaking), A
    - English Literature - A (Shakespeare)
    - Geography - A, A
    - Chemistry ISA - B (retaking)
    - Computer Science - A*, A*

Coming up:
    - English Language OM&M CA on Tuesday
    - English Language narrative retake
    - Chemistry retake
    - Music solo/ensemble performance

Any advice for the OM&M CA greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Alex (zeldor711)

ReputationRep:
    For the OMAM make your analysis original and don't talk about CW as everyone does. The key to getting into band 5 is by expanding your analysis and making sure it's an individual response rather than being similar to what everyone writes.

ReputationRep:
    Just finished my OMAM controlled assessment. Think it went well (A or B) but only time will tell :backstab:

On another note, parent's evening today in two hours time. So that'll be fun. Absolutely dreading English but everything else should be fine.

ReputationRep:
    First two days of revision are complete!
    Managed to get through English, Spanish, science and geography. In English I did some poetry, which was really fun as our teacher hasn't taught it to us yet! Apparently we'll "only be spending a couple of lessons on it some it is important to revise it now."

In other news, I'm currently top of my class using Memrise (a language learning app - check it out here)!
    Attachment 504199

This means in total I've done 8 hours of revision this far - just 350 left to go!!!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.