My friend got to re take her mock exam and no one else

Watch
lilacswirl
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
My economics class consists of 8 people including me. My best friend is also in this class. So we had our mock exam on the 6th of January, prior to this we had to revise for the exam (obvs), not everyone did though. I revised for 2 hours (on this subject) everyday for 2 weeks. Most of it was learning bc I hadn't really understood or went over it during lesson times(my mistake but now I know). So long story short, we had to complete 30 multiple choice questions and then choose either context 1 or 2 in the exam. Everyone chose context 2 and completed the questions within it.

My friend did the WHOLE paper, I guess anyone could've made that mistake but it was said on the paper to choose either context 1 or 2. before we started out exam, our exam officer even told us. my friend did context 1 and 2.

After the exam she didn't even know what she did was wrong until we all talked about how we felt about the exam. I'm going to be really honest, I thought it was stupid that she did both contexts. We got our results this Tuesday and she got a U.

A week after we took the exam, she was talking to our economics teacher and she asked if she could re do her exam and have her ACTUAL GRADE CHANGED.

but the first lesson back, we went over some concepts that a lot of us got wrong. My friend only re did the exam last week, after 3 weeks of us all having taken the exam. Surely its unfair, I know how hard I worked and in essence, she got 5 weeks of revision time basically. She keeps going on about how its not her fault that she did the whole paper and that she didn't know she didn't have to do the whole paper and that it doesn't matter, shes going to tell people that her final grade was her new grade.

What do you think ? its so annoying bc she made a stupid mistake, it was her fault and now she has the privellege to change her mark because of it.
Neuth
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by lilacswirl)
What do you think ? its so annoying bc she made a stupid mistake, it was her fault and now she has the privellege to change her mark because of it.
What does that mark count for? Reports or similar?
Remember it isn't a real grade that counts for anything, so it's not really giving her any advantage in the long run.

Yes, it was her fault but in the heat of the moment she obviously messed up and therefore did the wrong thing (this could have been for a variety of reasons, we all do silly things in exams without realising! :giggle:) - I'm sure she was annoyed and therefore asked the teacher if she could resit as she'd then get a better idea of how she would perform in the real exam, which is fair enough.

It's just a mock, remember that :yep:
There are two sides to every story.
Blondie987
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
It's just a mock, and if the teacher was ok with it then there's not much you can do, she made a silly mistake and wanted to see how well she would have done if that had not happened.
teenhorrorstory
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Ok don't cry
RevisionNad
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
speak up and ask for a mock, if you are going uni next year, these mocks may help make your predictions for ucas- speak up!
TeeEm
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
it is just a mock ...
jamesthehustler
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
My economics class consists of 8 people including me. My best friend is also in this class. So we had our mock exam on the 6th of January, prior to this we had to revise for the exam (obvs), not everyone did though. I revised for 2 hours (on this subject) everyday for 2 weeks. Most of it was learning bc I hadn't really understood or went over it during lesson times(my mistake but now I know). So long story short, we had to complete 30 multiple choice questions and then choose either context 1 or 2 in the exam. Everyone chose context 2 and completed the questions within it.

My friend did the WHOLE paper, I guess anyone could've made that mistake but it was said on the paper to choose either context 1 or 2. before we started out exam, our exam officer even told us. my friend did context 1 and 2.

After the exam she didn't even know what she did was wrong until we all talked about how we felt about the exam. I'm going to be really honest, I thought it was stupid that she did both contexts. We got our results this Tuesday and she got a U.

A week after we took the exam, she was talking to our economics teacher and she asked if she could re do her exam and have her ACTUAL GRADE CHANGED.

but the first lesson back, we went over some concepts that a lot of us got wrong. My friend only re did the exam last week, after 3 weeks of us all having taken the exam. Surely its unfair, I know how hard I worked and in essence, she got 5 weeks of revision time basically. She keeps going on about how its not her fault that she did the whole paper and that she didn't know she didn't have to do the whole paper and that it doesn't matter, shes going to tell people that her final grade was her new grade.

similar thing happend to me in a science exam other than the fact that out of 260 of us only 2 got it right so we got to spend 3 hours in the business department on our own on laptops as it was a snow day for everyone else
lilacswirl
Rep:
?
(Original post by Neuth)
What does that mark count for? Reports or similar?
Remember it isn't a real grade that counts for anything, so it's not really giving her any advantage in the long run.

Yes, it was her fault but in the heat of the moment she obviously messed up and therefore did the wrong thing (this could have been for a variety of reasons, we all do silly things in exams without realising! :giggle:) - I'm sure she was annoyed and therefore asked the teacher if she could resit as she'd then get a better idea of how she would perform in the real exam, which is fair enough.

It's just a mock, remember that :yep:
There are two sides to every story.

Maybe this new grade will give her ` better idea of how she would perform in the real exam, but we have had more practice since we did the mocks so she'll do better and get the questions right that we got wrong, but I guess I should remember that it is just a mock. But it still annoys me that she'll go around telling people what grade she got even though she got to re sit it with more knowledge
lilacswirl
Rep:
?
(Original post by teenhorrorstory)
Ok don't cry
I`'m not crying
lilacswirl
Rep:
?
(Original post by RevisionNad)
speak up and ask for a mock, if you are going uni next year, these mocks may help make your predictions for ucas- speak up!
Thanks but I don't need to re sit this mock I did quite well
gapyear2018
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Thanks but I don't need to re sit this mock I did quite well
If you did well why do you care so much? If you were really her friend wouldn't you be happy that she got a better grade? It's only a mock.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (49)
16.33%
I'm not sure (8)
2.67%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (103)
34.33%
I have already dropped out (4)
1.33%
I'm not a current university student (136)
45.33%

Watched Threads