Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Assassin in the Palace! Watch

Announcements

(Original post by imsoanonymous123)
    Are you trying to get lynched mate. If you were one of us, you would know who the king was, so you wouldn't suspect it was me, would you
    I don't mind getting lynched mate if it means the King stays safe.

ReputationRep:
    There are certain strategies that give better chances of winning for the guards to play, but you have to keep in mind that the coordination will be difficult as everyone needs to follow the rules and you need to coordinate without knowing who the assassin is or giving away who the king is
    However, the thing with coordination is that the assassin will know about the coordination as well, since we don't know who to exclude from whatever plan we may have cooked up. Essentially, the assassin will know exactly how to act like a guard, meaning that they really wouldn't stand out in any way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheOtherSide.)
    However, the thing with coordination is that the assassin will know about the coordination as well, since we don't know who to exclude from whatever plan we may have cooked up. Essentially, the assassin will know exactly how to act like a guard, meaning that they really wouldn't stand out in any way.
    Yes, precisely. In my original plan it doesnt matter if he doesnt stand out, there is still a chance he will get randomly eliminated. Anyway i'm off to bed now, good night

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MathQ123)
    I don't mind getting lynched mate if it means the King stays safe.
    Such a hero :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Yes, precisely. In my original plan it doesnt matter if he doesnt stand out, there is still a chance he will get randomly eliminated. Anyway i'm off to bed now, good night
    Alright then, goodnight!

(Original post by Dima-Blackburn)
    Such a hero :rofl:
    Just doing my job

ReputationRep:
    We can also opt to go for a strategy where all of (us guards) act in a uniform manner, only voting to lynch THE SAME person each time so there is symmetry across all of us and the assassin wont know which of us this is. However, this means the Assassin can 'blend in' more easily as he wont make the mistake of voting the king, and any elimination of the assassin will be completely at random.

If we follow this strategy the probability of the king dying will be

\displaystyle\frac{1}{11} * \displaystyle\sum^{11}_{R=1} \frac{1}{R}

which is approximately 0.2745

Seems pretty good to me? Unless anyone can think of a better strategy.
    I guess that's what I was getting at with the not voting thing anyway - good plan
    but that chance aint constant because that person will get lynched
    lets vote for everyone equally so there's 12 of us - if everyone gets one vote no one gets lynched!! the chance is constant! ... right? ... i think i done that right x'DDD

ReputationRep:
    S**t this palace is huge.

If a majority then votes for the King by chance, that could get awkward though 👌🏼 #Revolution #Uprising

ReputationRep:
    It's funny how the palace is made up of nothing but a king, guards and one assassin (pretending to be a guard). Where are the servants, for example, and who cooks the food for everyone? I'm assuming some of the guards are cooks or servants as well?
    Spoiler:
    Show
    What if the assassin was one of the cooks? :ninja:
    They've got enough Doritos and Mountain Dew to last a lifetime. The king ascended to royalty by doing a 720 noscope from the top of skyscraper, killing his rival on an underground train. That's how good he is :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Axel Johann)
    They've got enough Doritos and Mountain Dew to last a lifetime. The king ascended to royalty by doing a 720 noscope from the top of skyscraper, killing his rival on an underground train. That's how good he is :yep:
    And despite all this, the king needs a palace practically full of guards to avoid getting assassinated? Something doesn't add up... :erm:

(Original post by z33)
    I guess that's what I was getting at with the not voting thing anyway - good plan
    but that chance aint constant because that person will get lynched
    lets vote for everyone equally so there's 12 of us - if everyone gets one vote no one gets lynched!! the chance is constant! ... right? ... i think i done that right x'DDD
    That's a good idea, but the game will go on forever and we'll never figure out who the assassin is

ReputationRep:
    Alright, I've got one idea on how to weed out the assassin.

Axel Johann are we allowed to mention clues about who the king is?

If so, then the guards will be able to give specific but still vague clues about the king. The one who cannot should be the assassin.

ReputationRep:
    And despite all this, the king needs a palace practically full of guards to avoid getting assassinated? Something doesn't add up... :erm:
    He is older now, he doesn't have the same skill anymore. :yep: That's why people wanna kill him, because they couldn't before

ReputationRep:
    Alright, I've got one idea on how to weed out the assassin.

Axel Johann are we allowed to mention clues about who the king is?

If so, then the guards will be able to give specific but still vague clues about the king. The one who cannot should be the assassin.
    Absolutely not!!! That will make the game too easy. You guys already outnumber the assassin 11:1 lol, and the reccomended amount is 5 - 6 guards, but we have 10 lmao. It's pitted against the assassin as it is lol.

ReputationRep:
    Absolutely not!!! That will make the game too easy. You guys already outnumber the assassin 11:1 lol, and the reccomended amount is 5 - 6 guards, but we have 10 lmao. It's pitted against the assassin as it is lol.
    There goes that strategy...

The assassin may be heavily outnumbered, but they're still far more deadly than all of the guards put together if the guards can't totally protect the king.

ReputationRep:
    He is older now, he doesn't have the same skill anymore. :yep: That's why people wanna kill him, because they couldn't before
    Fair enough :lol:

I'm surprised nobody's tried to stage an uprising yet, taking advantage of him not being quite like he used to be.

ReputationRep:
    There will be no vampires

Take a look at this:
    http://forums.kleientertainment.com/...werewolf-game/

righty- o

No nightmares for me :daydreaming:

ReputationRep:
    There goes that strategy...

The assassin may be heavily outnumbered, but they're still far more deadly than all of the guards put together if the guards can't totally protect the king.
    Yep, but still, the odds are in the guards favour atm. Your strategy would make the game finish at Day 1 lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LeyK)

No nightmares for me :daydreaming:
    yyyup

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MathQ123)
    That's a good idea, but the game will go on forever and we'll never figure out who the assassin is
    yeah but the point of the game is to save the king
    so it might as well go on forever til the assassin gets bored and guesses randomly because they'd have no choice!
    and I think the game master (Axel Johann) said if the game slows down he'll put a deadline in so the assassin would HAVE to guess something before the deadline! and they'd only have a 1/11 chance of killing the king every time!
    tadaaaaaaaa

okay but we have to make sure everyone gets one vote or it won't work!
    so be careful not to vote for the same person guys!
    basically we'll go in some kind of order everytime
    so alphabetical or something
    and everyone gives their vote for the person below them in the order
    example:
    @a
    @b
    @c

@c votes for @a who votes for @b who votes for @c = everyone gets one vote

what do y'all think? :3 am I smart or am I smart

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Forum Games Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.