Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Gay men: would you date a trans man? Watch

Announcements

^^^

ReputationRep:
    I'm a gay woman and I'd date a trans woman

ReputationRep:
    No because of un-PC reasons I fear being slandered for saying

Well im not gay but I guess if people have the right parts it wouldnt be too bad.

Its not like were wanting to make a biological family...

No.

A trans guy who's fully transitioned wouldn't even be distinguishable from a cis guy contrary to what a lot of people seem to think.

I hooked up with a dude who was trans but there was no way you could tell, the guy was handsome, bearded, chest hair even more manly than me haha. He was around 6ft tall, plus he was smoking hot. He had fully transitioned so I didnt know until he told me and of course it made no difference. The only difference between his d*ck and mine was that he couldn't ejaculate but other than that there was no significant difference.
    We only hooked up once but we still maintained contact as friends.

A lot of guys saying 'no' are just judgmental and dont have an accurate understanding of trans men. These same people probably check out and walk past trans guys every day without realizing. Most trans guys don't get a lot of limelight in media simply because they 'pass' as cis men so well no one would ever notice. I ****ing pissed myself when I found out Balian buschbaum was trans. That guy is hot.

They're just regular men.

I dont think I could date a trans guy who was pre-transition though tbh, I just wouldn't be attracted if his body wasn't 100% male.

http://d1tr1z57agf4qv.cloudfront.net...-Buschbaum.jpg

ReputationRep:
    I would, but I tend to prefer feminine looking men and I imagine trans men would want to look as manly as possible so I'd probably not find them attractive.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Reporter Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't, no. But OP, if you're a trans male I assure you there are a ton of gay guys out there who'd be willing to date you.

If I wanted to date a woman I wouldn't be gay though

Yesssssssss, especially some of them can self-lubricate

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sephiroth)
    I would, but I tend to prefer feminine looking men and I imagine trans men would want to look as manly as possible so I'd probably not find them attractive.
    Not all trans men are super-masculine. Trans men can be camp, feminine, whatever they want.

(Original post by Anonymous)
    If I wanted to date a woman I wouldn't be gay though
    Trans men are men.

(Original post by SmallTownGirl)
    Trans men are men.
    They're not biologically male, therefore they're not male.

You do realize that's complete nonesense, right? Being male has nothing to do with sex you're born with, countless neurological studies have confirmed sexual dysmorphism between brains of males and females when it comes to gender.

Not to mention the fact that intersex people exist (people who are genetically neither 'male' or 'female' but yet can have a male or female gender identity from birth.)
    The brain develops before the rest of the body, if the gender in the brain is male then that makes a person male regardless of the physical sex (which can be altered to match the brain) So yes, trans men are men.

ReputationRep:
    Nvm didn't read proper

ReputationRep:
    Sex =/= gender.
    Genitals =/= gender.

Trans men are men.

Yes, I would, as long as they're attractive etc. Makes the whole sex thing a lot easier!

ReputationRep:
    I would have no qualms with dating a trans person. I would worry about the sexual element of our relationship but I'd cross that bridge when we came to it... I'd be unlikely to remain with them if they didn't tell me and then I found out simply because that's the trust gone even though I know it's a difficult issue (hence why I wasn't saying I definitely wouldn't but it's likely).

Generally though, no issue whatsoever. People are people, love is love, trans men are men.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I would, as long as they're attractive etc. Makes the whole sex thing a lot easier!
    What makes you think that?

(Original post by SmallTownGirl)
    Sex =/= gender.
    Genitals =/= gender.

Trans men are men.
    Trans men are women.

Gender - the state of being male or female (typically used with reference to social and cultural differences rather than biological ones).
    Male - noun1.a person bearing an X and Y chromosome pair in the cell nuclei and normally having a penis, scrotum, and testicles, and developing hair on the face at adolescence; a boy or man.

Because you don't like how you were born doesn't mean you're not that. If I pretended I was straight doesn't mean I'm not gay.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 24, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.