Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Creative Writing help?! Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I have to write a four page long creative writing piece...and I have an idea but I don't really know how to develop it.

So basically, I'm doing it based on horror and my idea is so write like a diary entry from the perspective of the 'killer'. The last lines are going to be as follows:

'People always look for monsters. They look left. They look right. They look under the bed. They even look in the wardrobe. But, I’ll tell you one thing. They never. Ever. EVER. Look up. I dare you’ or something like 'Please put back your mirrors, we miss watching you'.

I need some kind of storyline because I don't know how I'm going to fill four pages with this idea! I need the detail and any good twists that can get me some marks.

Thank you for any help. English language is so hard for me!
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lozza_X)
    I have to write a four page long creative writing piece...and I have an idea but I don't really know how to develop it.

So basically, I'm doing it based on horror and my idea is so write like a diary entry from the perspective of the 'killer'. The last lines are going to be as follows:

'People always look for monsters. They look left. They look right. They look under the bed. They even look in the wardrobe. But, I’ll tell you one thing. They never. Ever. EVER. Look up. I dare you’ or something like 'Please put back your mirrors, we miss watching you'.

I need some kind of storyline because I don't know how I'm going to fill four pages with this idea! I need the detail and any good twists that can get me some marks.

Thank you for any help. English language is so hard for me!
    You could start with a few days where they see someone and start following them - make it sound like they're with them and having fun with them, but have subtle hints here and there that they're actually stalking them rather than friends with them. As the entries go on, it could have more detail about the person's routine or they could have followed them home or something, until the last entry is just before they kill them

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.