Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Turkey is destroying Europe just like the Ottoman's tried to do Watch

ReputationRep:
    Turkey is safe enough for refugees. As far as I'm concerned anyone who travels from Turkey to Greece risking their lives is an illegal immigrant, not a refugee.

Turkey is either doing a poor job, or purposely letting all these people in. I think it is the latter. They are destroying Europe by allowing these people to leave and also putting those peoples lives at risk

Turkey has been accused of supporting ISIS and buying oil from them by several nations. Can you trust them?

So Turkey is expected to accommodate over 2 million Syrian refugees while European jets continue to drop bombs over Syria? :curious:
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by John IIISobieski)
    Turkey is safe enough for refugees. As far as I'm concerned anyone who travels from Turkey to Greece risking their lives is an illegal immigrant, not a refugee.

Turkey is either doing a poor job, or purposely letting all these people in. I think it is the latter. They are destroying Europe by allowing these people to leave and also putting those peoples lives at risk

Turkey has been accused of supporting ISIS and buying oil from them by several nations. Can you trust them?
    Truth that no-one to states is that this is a Islamic Jihad Invasion.

(Original post by Dumachi)
    Truth that no-one to states is that this is a Islamic Jihad Invasion.
    Should have thought about that before sponsoring them. :wink2:

ReputationRep:
    What you're concerned with is irrelevant. Refugees are defined by international law, and moving from one country to another has no effect on that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RamocitoMorales)
    So Turkey is expected to accommodate over 2 million Syrian refugees while European jets continue to drop bombs over Syria? :curious:
    So you would rather nothing is done to defeat ISIS?

What about all those being bombed in Yemen by Saudi Arabia are the Europeans to blame for that?

(Original post by Cot Dotton)
    What about all those being bombed in Yemen by Saudi Arabia are the Europeans to blame for that?
    It's not the Yemenis that are queuing to get into Europe.

ReputationRep:
    I do not expect Turkey to accommodate...
    I expect Turkey to close their borders,
    They definitely serve some agendas.

ReputationRep:
    so are we going to pretend we don't see the OP's username

ReputationRep:

Not sure how the two statements are linked. Millions of refugees were created before we started bombing.

(Original post by TeeEm)
    I do not expect Turkey to accommodate...
    I expect Turkey to close their borders,
    They definitely serve some agendas.
    Do you realise that Turkey shares its largest border with Syria? 511 miles, to be precise. That's like the distance from London to Aberdeen.

ReputationRep:
    Do you realise that Turkey shares its largest border with Syria? 511 miles, to be precise. That's like the distance from London to Aberdeen.
    I appreciate that the task is not easy but Turkey also has a very large army and is not in direct conflict with no one else at present, so they could use some of the military resources.

(Original post by TeeEm)
    I appreciate that the task is not easy but Turkey also has a very large army and is not in direct conflict with no one else at present, so they could use some of the military resources.
    Turkey is actually dealing with quite a significant insurgency right now and a large portion of its army has actually been moved near Syria; although Turkey sits in a very precarious position so it cannot afford to be naive with regards to its defence.

ReputationRep:

Turkey isn't doing **** to europe. It's got its hands full with the Kurds and the Russians. If European countries can't cope with excess migrants then they should change their migration policies, they only have themselves to blame.

ReputationRep:
    These refugee supporters just don't quite get it. These people crossing over come from Turkey. Turkey while not the greatest place to live, is relatively safe.

Now I'm not expecting Turkey to take them all in but they don't seem to be doing anything to stop people from coming.

They certainly belong in Turkey more than Europe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JoinACult)
    These refugee supporters just don't quite get it. These people crossing over come from Turkey. Turkey while not the greatest place to live, is relatively safe.

Now I'm not expecting Turkey to take them all in but they don't seem to be doing anything to stop people from coming.

They certainly belong in Turkey more than Europe.
    Around 95% of refugees have gone to neighbouring nations and it does sound like you're asking Turkey to take them all in because you're saying "they belong more in Turkey" Turkey can not house all the refugees

ReputationRep:
    Israel is destroying Europe. I just made a thread with proof I hope the moderator approves it.

ReputationRep:

They are doing it as it is more convenient for them.

They don't want to have to deal with them, pay for them or have more Kurds in their country.

I just hope the tide continues to turn in the publics opinion and European leaders stop letting them in

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 31, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.