Huge rise in refugee arrivals in Europe in January Watch

ReputationRep:
    http://www.theguardian.com/world/201...-52000-january

How is this remotely sustainable?

ReputationRep:
    All them doctors and engineers!
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    It ain't, they are engineering World War 3.

ReputationRep:
    it's not sustainable but I'm not sure what a sustainable solution is

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dumachi)
    It ain't, they are engineering World War 3.
    Sorry, who's they? The Refugees?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EtherealNymph22)
    Most of them are economic migrants. Very few of them are actual refugees.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    There not refugees, you would have to be a massive idiot to think that 90% male dominated "refugees" are nothing less than a invasion force.

Unfortunately most people are massively ignorant idiots.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrsSheldonCooper)
    Most of them are economic migrants. Very few of them are actual refugees.
    Why do you say that? And what proportion? Is there any source/evidence for this other than anecdotal or based on media representation?

I'm not being like, confrontational and just going give me evidence. It's just I genuinely want to see this to inform myself and influence how I think.

ReputationRep:
    There not refugees, you would have to be a massive idiot to think that 90% male dominated "refugees" are nothing less than a invasion force.

Unfortunately most people are massively ignorant idiots.
    Hmmm. Okay. Well I could tell you why I think at the moment males are disproportionally represented in the current refugee demographic if you like.

And I could also explain why I think the terrible things are happening in Europe and why it is only a minority and why it is part of ISIS' plan to cause division in the West.

However, if from the off you are just going to call me a 'massive ignorant idiot' then I won't waste my time.

ReputationRep:
    Why do you say that? And what proportion? Is there any source/evidence for this other than anecdotal or based on media representation?

I'm not being like, confrontational and just going give me evidence. It's just I genuinely want to see this to inform myself and influence how I think.
    http://data.unhcr.org/mediterranean/regional.php
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm. Okay. Well I could tell you why I think at the moment males are disproportionally represented in the current refugee demographic if you like.

And I could also explain why I think the terrible things are happening in Europe and why it is only a minority and why it is part of ISIS' plan to cause division in the West.

However, if from the off you are just going to call me a 'massive ignorant idiot' then I won't waste my time.
    I think this makes it easy to understand:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hL-vFNzOA0c

ReputationRep:
    Sorry where exactly is the bit where it says that they are mostly economic migrants and not refugees? Maybe being blind :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Sorry where exactly is the bit where it says that they are mostly economic migrants and not refugees? Maybe being blind :rofl:
    You do realise people have thrown away their passports and claimed to be Syrian right? You can easily get a fake Syrian passport.

ReputationRep:
    I think this makes it easy to understand:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hL-vFNzOA0c
    I don't think some people will ever understand. Evidence is in front of them, but they refuse to acknowledge it. Honestly, I feel like somethings wrong with them - they are so, so blinded, as if they are drugged/brainwashed. I'm not even joking, it's very disturbing!

ReputationRep:
    You do realise people have thrown away their passports and claimed to be Syrian right? You can easily get a fake Syrian passport.
    I realise some of the extreme examples of what is happening. I'm not ignorant to what's happening.

My question was some evidence for the majority of people being refugees or economic migrants. And you gave me a link which didn't show that and now you're going off on a tangent about Syrian passport fraud.

I maintain I would like to see some stats for proportion of immigrants from the recent crisis who are economic migrants and who are deemed refugees.

ReputationRep:
    Not one of those routes highlighted show a direct transport from Syria, they all involve crossing another safe country.

The moment they continue travelling past this initial safe country they cease being refugees and instead become migrants.

ReputationRep:
    The more refugees in Europe, the better.

ReputationRep:
    I realise some of the extreme examples of what is happening. I'm not ignorant to what's happening.

My question was some evidence for the majority of people being refugees or migrants. And you gave me a link which didn't show that and now your going on a tangent about Syrian passport fraud.

I maintain I would like to see some stats for proportion of immigrants from the recent crisis who are economic migrants and who are deemed refugees.
    I started to talk about Syrian passport fraud because there's been reports of migrants doing it.

The link I sent you said 95% are Syrian correct? Many of them don't have passports and don't have proof that they actually are Syrian. So they can fake.And 57% of those Syrians happen to be fit young men.

And if you really were a refugee, you'd settle in the first safe country you landed in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ciel.)
    I don't think some people will ever understand. Evidence is in front of them, but they refuse to acknowledge it. Honestly, I feel like somethings wrong with them - they are so, so blinded, as if they are drugged/brainwashed. I'm not even joking, it's very disturbing!
    I KNOW what is going on. I acknowledge what is happening. But it's because it's being badly handled and there's no process in place right now.

It is drugged and brainwashed to say that just because you have seen a lot of biased news articles about bad sh*t going on with some of the people who have disguised themselves amongst refugees that it means NOBODY deserves refuge and we should turn our backs on them.

It's also pretty disturbing that because of this, you denote all immigrants as terrorists or rapists which I'm assuming is your contention.

ReputationRep:
    I started to talk about Syrian passport fraud because there's been reports of migrants doing it.

The link I sent you said 95% are Syrian correct? Many of them don't have passports and don't have proof that they actually are Syrian. And 57% of those Syrians happen to be fit young men.
    Yes, but just because they are Syrian it doesn't mean they are all economic migrants. I'm not disputing their demographic I am disputing the point that they are economic migrants and not refugees as you don't appear to have any evidence.

There's been reports of migrants doing it. Ok, so because evidently there are bad eggs amongst the millions who need refuge and safety from war, they're all economic migrants who are coming here for money?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.