Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Huge rise in refugee arrivals in Europe in January Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MildredMalone)
    Keeping them out, by any means possible.
    What do you think the long-term consequences of that are?

The short-term consequence is obvious- Immediate retention of safety and way of life in Europe not being threatened.

But what about in the long term?

(Original post by EtherealNymph22)
    So I imagine that ISIS' reaction to Germany's benevolence was to disguise a load of their brainwashed young fit men amongst the genuine refugees to cause havoc in Europe, rape women, and to make everyone scared of any refugees and make their life hell in Europe
    So you claim that the migrants who commit crimes are all agents of ISIS? That is 1000s in Cologne alone, a rather ridiculous claim

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ciel.)
    I've never said all of them. But the majority of them are not genuine refugees! Stop relying on biased media and actually read what the citizens of those invaded countries are saying, and watch videos. And no, I don't mean biased, white power nazis, just ordinary people who have no reason to lie to you.
    I'm not relying on biased media, I am relying on evidence. Nobody is giving me evidence that the majority of them are not genuine refugees.

I do know there are are a minority of migrants or whatever doing these things. But if Germany let 1,000,0000 people in and 10% of them are bad eggs this is still 100,000- more than enough to cause the havoc and problems we are seeing there.

ReputationRep:
    What do you think the long-term consequences of that are?

The short-term consequence is obvious- Immediate retention of safety and way of life in Europe not being threatened.

But what about in the long term?
    Hopefully, the maintence of the short-term consequence.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mathemagicien)
    So you claim that the migrants who commit crimes are all agents of ISIS? That is 1000s in Cologne alone, a rather ridiculous claim
    Not all agents of ISIS but a lot of them probably are.

The issue is we have no idea how big ISIS is in numbers, the range of estimates is staggering. Unless you can find an accurate number I would welcome it.

There is also a difference between being a direct agent of ISIS and having extremist Islamic views. So they might not be officially part of ISIS but other extremism which shares the same ideology.

And some of the crime-comitters could be doing so due to PTSD and culture shock, as well as lack of cultural understanding for the way European women dress and lack of tolerance to alcohol. It is not an excuse or a justification. It just points at some of the potential causes for such despicable and abhorrent behaviour.

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully, the maintence of the short-term consequence.
    So you think that abandoning people with no other option than ISIS (the lesser of two evils vs. Assad) is good for Europe's long term safety and retention of our way of life?

Look how much havoc they cause in proportion to their current support. The only thing they really need aside money and territory is PEOPLE. And a load of refugees who have had the world turn their back on them are a good source for ISIS recruitment.

ReputationRep:
    So you think that abandoning people with no other option than ISIS (the lesser of two evils vs. Assad) is good for Europe's long term safety and retention of our way of life?

Look how much havoc they cause in proportion to their current support. The only thing they really need aside money and territory is PEOPLE. And a load of refugees who have had the world turn their back on them are a good source for ISIS recruitment.
    Look at how the migrants have been acting across Europe so far. Either we've got lots of ISIS members who have infiltrated, or they just happen to act like anyway.

Let ISIS recruit them, as long as we keep them away from Europe.

ReputationRep:
    Only way to stop immigration is through force.

Our governments have betrayed the White population so all White patriots must rise up against them

See that hand grenade at the asylum centre in Germany?

It will be the first of many. You'll have what is coming to you.

If we make Europe unsafe for them, as it has become unsafe for many White people. Then they will not want to come here.

THEY ARE ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS by the laws of many of our countries. They crossed from Turkey into Greece because they are here for the better life. They are therefore economic migrants.

ReputationRep:
    Look at how the migrants have been acting across Europe so far. Either we've got lots of ISIS members who have infiltrated, or they just happen to act like anyway.

Let ISIS recruit them, as long as we keep them away from Europe.
    How do we keep them away from Europe? I'm pretty sure they're not going to be obeying boundaries or borders!! Is the solution one step further than Trump's idea and to build a whole massive F*ck off Wall around Syria and Iraq?

The problem with ISIS ideology is that it's not a physical entity alone- it is an ideology which is convergently evolving in many areas of the world- concentrated in Syria and Iraq but the same ideology is present in west and North Africa, eastern Asia as well as from within the West. That's the problem we face and will continue to face. And people need to think strategically and for the long-term. Not just say - keep them all out and the problems will all go away. That will just exacerbate the existing problems.

ReputationRep:
    Only way to stop immigration is through force.Our governments have betrayed the White population so all White patriots must rise up against themSee that hand grenade at the asylum centre in Germany?It will be the first of many. You'll have what is coming to you.If we make Europe unsafe for them, as it has become unsafe for many White people. Then they will not want to come here.THEY ARE ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS by the laws of many of our countries. They crossed from Turkey into Greece because they are here for the better life. They are therefore economic migrants.

Turkey are doing a terrible job, along with Greece stopping from people from coming in. I think they are doing it on purpose. How hard can it be to stop these people from leaving Turkey? Can't we have boats patrolling these areas and send them back to Turkey?

ReputationRep:
    How do we keep them away from Europe? I'm pretty sure they're not going to be obeying boundaries or borders!! Is the solution one step further than Trump's idea and to build a whole massive F*ck off Wall around Syria and Iraq?
    Whichever method is best at controlling the borders.

The problem with ISIS ideology is that it's not a physical entity alone- it is an ideology which is convergently evolving in many areas of the world- concentrated in Syria and Iraq but the same ideology is present in west and North Africa, eastern Asia as well as from within the West. That's the problem we face and will continue to face. And people need to think strategically and for the long-term. Not just say - keep them all out and the problems will all go away. That will just exacerbate the existing problems.
    But if they're all kept outside of Europe, it will no longer be our problem. Bringing in the migrants doesn't help us at all..

ReputationRep:
    Whichever method is best at controlling the borders.

But if they're all kept outside of Europe, it will no longer be our problem. Bringing in the migrants doesn't help us at all..
    How are you going to stop their planes from taking off and dropping bombs over Europe? (i'm not scaremongering I'm just making the point that it's illogical to say if they're kept outside Europe it will no longer be our problem)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dumachi)
    Reminds me of the relationship of a bad parent, no matter how many times they beat you, you keep loving them. No matter how many people tell you they are bad. Until:

1.) They kill you.
    2.) They try to kill you and fail, Then you finally realize them for what they really are and do something about it.
    That's not normal, though... I really don't get it. Maybe they don't truly think that, but want to appear really kind etc, on the internet.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    I don't doubt that there are risks and terrible things are happening to people in Europe as a result of uncontrolled immigration in both the numbers and the process around it when they get to Greece etc.

What I'm saying is this doesn't mean we turn our backs on the genuine refugees who need our help.

Europe needs to:
    - have a process in place for vetting them
    - fund their journey so they can travel as a family and it is not dangerous
    - have a panEuropean effort on the pressure points e.g. Greece (leaving it to the Greeks has been pretty detrimental)
    - have a plan for any given families relocation- where they will be relocated
    - fund cultural integration, language lessons, education on Western culture

With all of the above some of the refugees could really be saved from such horrific experiences in Syria et al right now. And they could make a positive impact on European life.

The problem is that Europe isn't thinking enough about how to do this strategically and Germany's absolute howler demonstrates that. I don't agree that we should open the borders and let everyone in but nor do I believe the situation in Germany is reason enough to shut the borders and turn our backs on people suffering.
    They wouldn't be here if we didn't bomb them tbh, the greatest threat of the western world is own lying two faced leaders. They lie to us and brainwash us and destroy us from within while turning the whole world against us externally.

Do you think every time they bomb a bus and kill 10 people that is cause to declare war and kill millions?

We are stuck in a game of revenge on both sides now and its going to turn into a bloodbath unless we start talking about diplomacy.

Rich people in America have funded people to topple democratically elected governments, this is illegal and why time and time again do they get away with it? If you don't believe me then look into what George Soros does.

Yes and Muslims are responsible too for atrocities but the fact if we don't talk diplomacy then a nuclear World War 3 and the deaths of billions WILL happen.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dumachi)
    They wouldn't be here if we didn't bomb them tbh, the greatest threat of the western world is own lying two faced leaders. They lie to us and brainwash us and destroy us from within while turning the whole world against us externally.

Do you think every time they bomb a bus and kill 10 people that is cause to declare war and kill millions?

We are stuck in a game of revenge on both sides now and its going to turn into a bloodbath unless we start talking about diplomacy.

Rich people in America have funded people to topple democratically elected governments, this is illegal and why time and time again do they get away with it? If you don't believe me then look into what George Soros does.

Yes and Muslims are responsible too for atrocities but the fact if we don't talk diplomacy then a nuclear World War 3 and the deaths of billions WILL happen.

Why do you think they have made the word Conspiracy illegal if they got nothing to hide?
    I agree with some aspects of your post especially the tolerance of Assad who has undoubtedly caused more suffering and loss of life than ISIS, and the fact we bum the Saudis who use similar Islamic ideology but disguise it as a theocracy. But considering I'm bashing my head against the wall on some of the smaller stuff with most of the people on this thread means I'm just not even going to go there.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not relying on biased media, I am relying on evidence. Nobody is giving me evidence that the majority of them are not genuine refugees.

I do know there are are a minority of migrants or whatever doing these things. But if Germany let 1,000,0000 people in and 10% of them are bad eggs this is still 100,000- more than enough to cause the havoc and problems we are seeing there.
    It's 60%, according to an EU official. Then again, as is clear, they refuse to publish the figures. http://www.irishtimes.com/news/world...says-1.2511133

ReputationRep:
    I don't know why you lot are so pro-Israel I thought it was common knowledge that they plotted the destruction of Europe and White genocide long ago?

Why support the enemies of your people?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sick My Duck)
    It's 60%, according to an EU official. Then again, as is clear, they refuse to publish the figures. http://www.irishtimes.com/news/world...says-1.2511133
    It's a shame that lack of oversight and strategy has led to a situation where we have migrants coming over to Europe disguised as refugees whilst refugees who really need safety and security are still in Syria/other. Germany handled this terribly.

It is time to take responsibility in Europe to handle this as a humanitarian crisis as properly and effectively as possible. Because if it carries on like this we really are going to be in trouble. There needs to be way more thorough vetting for everyone entering and if they aren't up to the standards for entry they should be deported.

ReputationRep:
    There's more to come in the spring. if lots can come in the freezing cold winter months then over 1000000% will arrive once it's spring

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the data. The proportion dying at sea is honestly a lot less than it seems. 309 dead/missing at sea in 2016 out of 54,518 sea arrivals in 2016 alone.

It is 57% men, 27% children and 17% women. So it really isn't the 90% people say it is and most of the people are from Syria and Afghanistan, places which produce refugees. Only 2% are from Nigeria, Pakistan etc where more economic migrants are likely.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.