Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    How did everyone find it?

The nine mark question about external debt was really dodgy... Wot were you supposed to write for that? Most ppl I asked ddnt have a clue wot that was about either.

The rest wasn't to bad. But I think that my time management was poor, I should have allowed more time for the twenty mark question at the end. I think i only wrote about three pages for that one. One of my friends sed he had written 7!

ReputationRep:
    Hm yes it was very odd. Perhaps because you can't really do a mock on this paper so we werne't used to the questions. The question on external debt came from nowhere, I've had that prerelease for how many months and I never noticed that little section on external debt. It was even separated from the other parts of extract 1. So I felt like a bit of a turd that I hadn't considered it before. So yes my answer to that was a case of major ********ting.

The other mistake I made was leaving far too little time for the 20 marker, I tried to do it in perhaps 20 mins, so I don't expect more than perhaps 6-7 marks for it. The other parts were okay I guess, but yeah, very strange doing an exam where you don't really know what there looking for and so have no idea how you're performing.

ReputationRep:
    7 pages :confused: !!! I wrote 2 1/2. Thought the questions were good but i didnt write everything i wanted, ran out of time.
    THe question about agriculture and the accession countries was a little dodgy, what do you put for that?
    For the deficit question i talked about fiscal and monetary policy and also exchange rate policy.

What did you write for the output performance question? I gave a commentary, ignored analysis to some extent.

ReputationRep:
    I can see that discussing this paper is going to make me want to peel my own face off. I'll leave now =P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sam-jones)
    7 pages :confused: !!! I wrote 2 1/2. Thought the questions were good but i didnt write everything i wanted, ran out of time.
    THe question about agriculture and the accession countries was a little dodgy, what do you put for that?
    For the deficit question i talked about fiscal and monetary policy and also exchange rate policy.

What did you write for the output performance question? I gave a commentary, ignored analysis to some extent.

erm... can u remember wot the exact question for 'output performance' was?

ReputationRep:
    yea for the CAP and accession countries i just included stuff about the reforms and then negative externalities such as increased pollution from the greater use of pesticide in farming. I'm sure i wrote some other stuff as well but my minds jus gone blank...!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DaKe)
    erm... can u remember wot the exact question for 'output performance' was?
    Comment upon the output performance of the accesssion countries (or mayb it was just Slovakia).

ReputationRep:
    In total, you should have written between 7-12 pages. 7 pages on the last question, that person is chatting sh*t. The external debt question was really about where that leaves them, and how it affects their accession, and how entry into EU will affect that debt.

ReputationRep:
    I wrote 7 or 8 pages at most. I just couldn't get the words onto the page....

And then the words I did write, I don't think I wrote well. Like all my exams so far....

ReputationRep:
    I thought 1b) and 2 were too ambiguous but the essays were ok, i think I got a level four comment in each paragraph, so some of them may count-that's all that matters really. I could see that external debt question, and the focus on Slovakia coming a mile off-they deliberately made it so that you wouldn't see it in the extract, sneaky! Hopefully i'll do ok

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.